evic indentify

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should work. The one I bought (and installed myself) off ebay was from the same years and works fine. But obviously Mr. 04liberty knows more than I do.. wire it up and see what happens.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might wanna try reading up too ****** bag. I clearly have done it..

****** bag, huh? Just because your young ass did it once you are suddenly an expert? Piss off ya little f**k, talk **** when you've lived and done a little longer.

so how do i know which number is correct now? that v- number is on a sticker on back of the evic but the 56- numbers are stamped on the evic itself.... this gets more and more complicated every time i turn around..lol

Back to the OP, follow the numbers stamped into it over a sticker. If you have a Mopar part number actually stamped in something, that will be a helluva lot more accurate. Follow the wiring instructions as they are listed and you should do fine!

Last edited:

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****** bag, huh? Just because your young ass did it once you are suddenly an expert? Piss off ya little f**k, talk **** when you've lived and done a little longer.

Did I ever say I was an expert? Your reading skills are worst than I thought. I simply corrected your hypocritical remark.. you tell me to actually read the post then question if I've ever installed one. When clearly it states I have.. I've done everything to my jeep myself..(incase that implication is hard for you to catch.. I have wee bit more experience with the kj) before you go flaunting your age talking about doing great things. ya might wanna step back and realize your trying to "talk shit" to a "young ass kid". I'm sure your wife is proud of her macho man.. g'day :happy107:

Last edited:

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well guys! i installed my evic earlier and EVERYTHING works perfectly!!! thank goodness! and i was able to turn off my aggravating auto door locks!!! thank god!!

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well guys! i installed my evic earlier and EVERYTHING works perfectly!!! thank goodness! and i was able to turn off my aggravating auto door locks!!! thank god!!
Good, I'm glad it worked out for you. It's nice being able to do some of the option things from one spot. It's also nice to not see anything punk ass kids put when you ignore them lol.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good, I'm glad it worked out for you. It's nice being able to do some of the option things from one spot. It's also nice to not see anything punk ass kids put when you ignore them lol.

Hey don't bad mouth the "punk ass kids". We need them to program our key fobs (biggrin) I can never figure out the instructions confused2.gif

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find the Homelink feature useful. I keep misplacing my garage door remotes. This week I'm cleaning out my garage. Maybe I should put my extra EVIC/Otis's on eBay.

Only problem I find with this is if I forget to lock my Jeep at night anyone can open the garage door by pressing those buttons. I thought they wouldn't work once the Jeep was off but they do work.....unless I didn't wait long enough? Maybe I'll reprogram it again and try. Have you tried using homelink when powered off?

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only problem I find with this is if I forget to lock my Jeep at night anyone can open the garage door by pressing those buttons. I thought they wouldn't work once the Jeep was off but they do work.....unless I didn't wait long enough? Maybe I'll reprogram it again and try. Have you tried using homelink when powered off?
I have wondered about that. Have you ever walked out, no key in the ignition, hit the homelink button and it works?

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What do ya know. Punk ass kid knew what he was talking about... I'm happy for ya that it all works.