evic indentify

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i checked i already have 1 installed from factory behind my grille... is there any real difference in the evics from all the jeeps?

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One had instant MPG like the one i bought.. The other had TPMS tire pressure monitoring system. I believe the TPMS one is more common. oh and to calibrate the direction thing find a big open parking lot and drive in a figure 8 i think. or maybe in big circles.. I cant remember one is to calibrate my iphone one is the jeep lol.

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont have any of those anyway so its ok lol ... i dont think? kopkrab.gif

Last edited:

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont have any of those anyway so its ok lol ... i dont think? kopkrab.gif

You don't need anything for the instant MPG feature, it calculates it for you. the TPMS you most likely don't have but you can get the sensors at the dealership and then be able to monitor your tire pressure from the evic instead of checking each one individually. Sometimes i wish i had the TPMS one but the sensors are kind of pricey. Plus i use the Instant mpg to help me keep my average mpg higher.. its kind of a game now haha. I also got my EVIC for like $20 on ebay. Made a wiring harness and wired it to my OBDII port. pretty useful addition for not too much money. Nice find!

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool! i dont think i really care about the tpms but i really would like to keep track of my mpg and the temp outside more than anything... o! and i wanna turn my stupid automatic locks off! i hate that!! lol

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I am reasonably sure it will not function correctly. The console will fit physically, but it is too old from the wrong vehicle and part number range. If it was a 5604- or better yet 5601- part number I'd say you're in business, but I couldn't get a V- to work on a few vehicles.
There are several threads on doing this mod, you should check them out.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool! i dont think i really care about the tpms but i really would like to keep track of my mpg and the temp outside more than anything... o! and i wanna turn my stupid automatic locks off! i hate that!! lol

Regardless of which one it is you will still have the average mpg feature. And I think there's a way to turn off the auto locks without an evic an just your key fob. Search in the how to: "tweak your keyless entry". Oh and in regards to the above post. I'm positive this evic will work. Here's my proof: http://www.jeepkj.com/evic/

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a number of EVIC's & Otis's before I found the correct model year for my 04 Libby. One of them was from a Cherokee that came c/w the TPM feature. I seem to remember the other EVIC functions to work except for the temperature. I don't think the Cherokee I pulled it from was an 04 model.

Checkout this link for detailed part number info;
http://www.wjjeeps.com/evic.htm#TEST

I find the Homelink feature useful. I keep misplacing my garage door remotes. This week I'm cleaning out my garage. Maybe I should put my extra EVIC/Otis's on eBay.

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well hopefull i can get it all to work! i really want it for the temp and mpg

Last edited:

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well... i got my evic in the mail today and i checked the numbers on it and it has a set of numbers that say 56042271ab (w/ hmlk) and 56042273ab (w/o hmlk) how do i know which 1 it is?

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless of which one it is you will still have the average mpg feature. And I think there's a way to turn off the auto locks without an evic an just your key fob. Search in the how to: "tweak your keyless entry". Oh and in regards to the above post. I'm positive this evic will work. Here's my proof: http://www.jeepkj.com/evic/
You might try actually reading this first. With the V--- number that was listed before from the auction, there would not be chance in hell of all features coming up. With the right part numbers now available, its OE for a 2000 GC and should work ok in a 2002 KJ. The V--- EVIC numbers are from pre 2000 LH cars, etc. They have all the same functions but won't interface right. In regards to your post, I have ALREADY used the same link you so graciousy provided more than a few times to install these in vehicles that didn't have them before (have you?). These instructions will even guide you fairly well in putting one of these into an 02-05 Dodge Ram (same PCI Bus system). Have a nice day. To the OP, hope it all goes well.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also got my EVIC for like $20 on ebay. Made a wiring harness and wired it to my OBDII port. pretty useful addition for not too much money. Nice find!

You might try actually reading this first. With the V--- number that was listed before from the auction, there would not be chance in hell of all features coming up. With the right part numbers now available, its OE for a 2000 GC and should work ok in a 2002 KJ. The V--- EVIC numbers are from pre 2000 LH cars, etc. They have all the same functions but won't interface right. In regards to your post, I have ALREADY used the same link you so graciousy provided more than a few times to install these in vehicles that didn't have them before (have you?). These instructions will even guide you fairly well in putting one of these into an 02-05 Dodge Ram (same PCI Bus system). Have a nice day. To the OP, hope it all goes well.

You might wanna try reading up too ****** bag. I clearly have done it..

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so how do i know which number is correct now? that v- number is on a sticker on back of the evic but the 56- numbers are stamped on the evic itself.... this gets more and more complicated every time i turn around..lol