EVIC for Renegade 2005

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cidar

Reaction score
Hi guys, glad to be a part of this community

I just got my Renegade 2005, and I'm planing some upgrades, first the EVIC. I'm planning to install the 56042749AJ model (please correct me if i'm wrong whit that model, i just want Homelink (no tpms) )

But it seems that these EVIC models are tough to get, could somebody please tell me where i can find one ?

thanks on advance & lets off-road !!!!

Cid

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right - the 2005+ are hard enough, let alone a non-EVIC one...

Watch ebay. Watch LOST sale forums and sale forum here. Look at local junkyards. You can buy at a dealer, but it's $$$$$.

It took me two years of watching ebay to find my 2006 non-TPMS EVIC.

I purchased a 2003 EVIC with black mounting bracket and about 12" of wire harness for $20 from a local pick 'n pull. I used it for two years, finally found a 2006 EVIC on ebay this past summer and bought it for $90, and then sold of the old one.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Welcome!

Bet ya didn't know it, but you bought the best Liberty ever :D

Not that I'm biased ...

I've been on the lookout for one with TPMS for over 1 year now ... hope your search is more fruitful!

Cheers,

Randal02

Reaction score
I impatiently waited about 6 months for a 2005 non-TPS EVIC to pop up somehwere. Finally one showed up on ebay and I went for it. With the EVIC, bracket and wiring, I spent $120. I know... I waaaay overpaid compared to others on here.

Another good site is searchtempest. It will let you search multiple Craigslist areas and ebay at the same time. (If you didn't know that already.)

Now I'm impatiently waiting for tow hooks to appear.

cidar

Reaction score
Thanks guys !
i'll try looking on the sites you guys mentioned, and let you know

@Luke, man i was looking for this Renegade for a year !! i know that it has best look of the KJs :)

Cid

wesuri85

Reaction score
Bet ya didn't know it, but you bought the best Liberty ever :D

Not that I'm biased ...

Biased? Never. ;) (They certainly are the best...)

I'm wishing the original owner of mine didn't go with the Delete Lightbar option though. :(

Everything else on my baby is maxed out.

cidar

Reaction score
Yep the light bar is a must have !

guys please let me know if the EVIC part#56042749AJ is the correct for my Renegade 05 ? and if there is some other part# compatible

i just want homelink no tmps

thanks

Cid

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
www.car-part.com

I used that to find used parts yards all over the US that had them, usually takes a phone call to verify the part number off it once you find someone with the right model year but its worth a shot.

cidar

Reaction score
Guys, I have another question:

Aparently the EVICs starting on 2004 doesn't have the instant MPG feature, does anyone know why ?
It was accurate the feature on models previous to 2004 ?

thanks

Cid

Last edited:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Aparently the EVICs starting on 2003 doesn't have the instant MPG feature, does anyone know why ?
It was accurate the feature on models previous to 2002 ?

thanks

Cid

2002 and 2003 model years had the instant MPG, 2004 they deleted it, just decided to get rid of it is all.

If you get a 2002 or 2003 EVIC you will have the Instant MPG, but the other problem is the temperature sensor, which you run into problems with starting with the 2004 model year, after 2004 you have to have the correct model year of EVIC or you won't get the temperature to work. They changed the addressing of the data in the computer after that and an earlier EVIC can't get the data. Same thing holds true if you took like a 2005 EVIC and tried to put it in an 03'.

PS... No Liberty before 02', that was the first year of production. 02-07 is the KJ aka Liberty years.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep the light bar is a must have !

guys please let me know if the EVIC part#56042749AJ is the correct for my Renegade 05 ? and if there is some other part# compatible

i just want homelink no tmps

thanks

Cid
No, it isn't. The "correct" part #'s for your '05 are 56010520AD (non TPMS) and 56010527AD (TPMS), as per the parts manual. 5604 EVIC's are usually for Grand Cherokee's (OTIS's don't count). I have a 56010520AD that I put in my 03 Ram since I was the only one I found that would display temperature. Unfortunately it does not display DTE or Avg mileage. Not in a Ram, anyway, but works great in an 04 Liberty! I'm thinking about putting my OTIS back in, as I like my DTE feature.

cidar

Reaction score
thanks guys

@kb0nly
my mistake on the years !
"temp sensor issue":now i'm worried to find the correct EVIC for my Renegade, maybe is better asking the owners of the BEST :) year Renegade 2005 the part # of their EVIC !

@04Liberty
how accurate was your OTIS DTE feature ?

Cid

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score

Aparently the EVICs starting on 2004 doesn't have the instant MPG feature, does anyone know why ?
It was accurate the feature on models previous to 2004 ?

thanks

Cid

Because the truth was waaay too scary!!! WTF I'm getting 3 MPG right now???

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.