EVAP leak.. small and large..HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

therenegadeguy

Reaction score
My Kj is throwing 2 EVAP codes. Small and large. I changed the gas cap.. Inspected all the hoses I could see or feel both under hood and under vehicle..nothing that I can see is leaking,or cracked,or kinked. Is there that one common hose or piece that is to blame?
:favorites68:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem, just came up last week. "Large evap leak" I just want to beat the crap out of whoever designed this.. With all the smoggy vehicles on the road, an evap leak should have a reset button or ignore button somewhere as long as it is not causing any major problems.
I am blaming the purge solenid for mine, which may have actually gone totally bad.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be following this too!
My sister has both codes on her 03 as well and I have check the gas caps, the rubber hoses under the back of the Jeep and under the hood and couldn't find an obvious culprit..

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes even a crack/pinhole will produce codes.
Difficult to trace?
Only solution many times is to find shop with smoke machine, to locate the leak.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If all hoses look good and you changed the gas cap it is time to take it to a shop and have smoke test preformed,the only way to find those unseen leaks.It's not always a hose that is leaking also.