EVAP question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew Stoker

Reaction score
Ok 2007 jeep liberty sport.
Has a small evap leak. Found all the leaky hoses and other parts. I am seeing on more leak from the back side of the EGR(?) Is this a real leak or is it like a fresh air vent I don't know about. I wanted a picture of it but I can not get to the area with room.

TY

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a crack/ hole/ what are you seeing that makes you think there is an issue
Never had any issues with anything but hoses , some as small as a pinhole almost and very hard to track down

Andrew Stoker

Reaction score
Is there a crack/ hole/ what are you seeing that makes you think there is an issue
Never had any issues with anything but hoses , some as small as a pinhole almost and very hard to track down
The small stream of smoke that comes out of it during a smoke leak test. I was able to get a video of it now just have to figure out how to upload it here.

Andrew Stoker

Reaction score
OK after some hunting I see the hole where I thought my EGR was leaking is a factory hole.
see attached pic.

Attachments

• EGR Hole.png
    EGR Hole.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

boringa

Reaction score
I had a small pin hole in the metal line/tube that comes from the rear of the Liberty to the engine compartment. Used the smoke test about 3 times before finding it. This was after I had replaced everything else.
I just noticed this thread is a month old and I just now got an e-mail on it. 3/29/2022