Esurance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Gecko has done okay by me so far...

Had someone once hit my old Ranger in the tailgate, and it was an easy repair. I also had it hit once when it was parked in front of my apartment... no problems with them then either.

For the kj, they've fix glass chips twice now... they send someone out the same day, and it cost me nothing.

So far so good. Maybe I'm just lucky.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gecko has done okay by me so far...

Had someone once hit my old Ranger in the tailgate, and it was an easy repair. I also had it hit once when it was parked in front of my apartment... no problems with them then either.

For the kj, they've fix glass chips twice now... they send someone out the same day, and it cost me nothing.

So far so good. Maybe I'm just lucky.

If i had to switch to anything other than State Farm i would consider Geico, they seem to have a pretty good following customer wise and i haven't heard anything bad about them around here. There is a rep nearby for them as well, and onsite service. They seem to be into taking care of their customers as well.

Esurance and Progressive are at the bottom of the list.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I had Progressive a while back, when I first got the KJ...

USAFLiberty

Reaction score
How could they just deny the claim and refund you your insurance. Isn't that why you buy insurance to begin with? Did you have multiple claim in a short period of time?
No, they aren't paying for my jeep at all.
Hence why I'm taking them to court

And no actually this was my first accident.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck,go with someone you can look in the eye,might be more money but you can poke them in the eye also.

I totally agree. I can get insured elsewhere (online) for cheaper but I much prefer being able to walk into my agents office and speak to him, or poke him in the eye. I find that I can get much better service with someone I can speak to face to face. Remember folks, good service comes at a premium. Pun intended.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are saying they can, but I can't find anything that supports their claims.

I made a phone call to a lawyer friend of mine.... Had to anyway to iron out some other stuff i'm working on. Take them to court and bend them over without lube is his exact words...

No, they don't have any legal right to just cancel your policy like that. He also said by law they have to give notice with sufficient time before cancellation to obtain replacement coverage, so they are wrong in more ways then one here.

Sue then for the cost of repairing the KJ, plus legal fees, make them cover everything is what he suggested.

USAFLiberty

Reaction score
I made a phone call to a lawyer friend of mine.... Had to anyway to iron out some other stuff i'm working on. Take them to court and bend them over without lube is his exact words...

No, they don't have any legal right to just cancel your policy like that. He also said by law they have to give notice with sufficient time before cancellation to obtain replacement coverage, so they are wrong in more ways then one here.

Sue then for the cost of repairing the KJ, plus legal fees, make them cover everything is what he suggested.
I told them that if they dont handle it, I'm passing it to my commander.
They won't answer my e-mails- i want a record of everything that's said. They called me 10 times after I sent that email.

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work for a rather large insurance company. What state is the Jeep registered/insured in? I can send you the state laws on policy cancellation if you'd like.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told them that if they dont handle it, I'm passing it to my commander.
They won't answer my e-mails- i want a record of everything that's said. They called me 10 times after I sent that email.

But no progress on them paying out for the damages yet right?

To do this to a customer is just despicable.... Make sure you tell as many people as you can about this. And report them to your local Better Business Bureau as well.

fire717

Reaction score
USAA here. The best out there.
When I wrecked my moms car we had it in the shop and a free rental within an hour.
Now if only the auto shop was as fast as the insurance. lol

100% agree....but its only for Military and their dependants..I got mine cause my Dad was in the Army.thank God you can keep a policy with the when you are no longer a dependant..

Anyway if you are or have ever been in the US Armed Forces..Look up USAA..for home, auto, banking, etc etc.....They are awesome! Old car..wife hit something on the highway..damage to bumper..fixed..no premium increase....My KJ...hit and run in parking lot...Fixed..no increase...take the car where you want it fixed.....

Check em out if you qualify...they just recently opened up to anyone who has ever honorably served..

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Jersey
Insurance Regulations

NEW JERSEY ADMINISTRATIVE CODE...Title 11. Department of Banking and Insurance...Division of Insurance...Chapter 3 -- AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE...Subchapter 8. Acceptance, Renewal, Nonrenewal and Cancellation of Automobile Insurance Policies

New Jersey Administrative Code, Title 11, Chapter 3 readopted in its entirety by R.2006 d.243, eff. 6/7/2006 (expires 6/7/2011)
NJAC 11:3-8.9

Standards for cancellation

(a) Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 17:29C-7, a notice of cancellation shall be effective only when based on one or more of the following reasons:

1. Nonpayment of premium;

2. The driver's license or motor vehicle registration of the named insured has been suspended or revoked during the policy period;

3. The driver's license or motor vehicle registration of another named insured or person insured under the policy who either resides in the same household or customarily operates an automobile insured under the policy has been suspended or revoked during the policy term for one or more of the following reasons:

i. Conviction of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs (N.J.S.A. 39:4-50);

ii. Conviction of refusal to submit to a chemical test (N.J.S.A. 39:4-50.4a);

iii. Conviction of vehicular homicide (N.J.S.A. 2C:11-2);

iv. Conviction of operating a motor vehicle while driving privilege is suspended (N.J.S.A. 39:3-40), except for convictions under N.J.S.A. 39:3-40i;

v. Conviction of operating a motor vehicle without liability insurance (N.J.S.A. 39:6B-2);

vi. Conviction of misrepresentation of insurance coverage (N.J.S.A. 39:6A-15);

vii. Accumulation of motor vehicle penalty points pursuant to N.J.S.A. 39:5-30.5;

viii. By a court upon conviction of one of the following motor vehicle violations: racing on a highway (N.J.S.A. 39:5C-1); failure to pass to right of vehicle proceeding in opposite direction (N.J.S.A. 39:4-84); tailgating (N.J.S.A. 39:4-89); reckless driving (N.J.S.A. 39:4-96); exceeding a speed limit by 30 MPH or more (N.J.S.A. 39:4-99); improperly passing a school bus (N.J.S.A. 39:4-128.1); or leaving the scene of an accident in which personal injury occurred (N.J.S.A. 39:4-129); or

ix. Where evidence exists that the suspended or revoked operator has been driving the vehicle during the period of suspension or revocation;

4. The named insured knowingly provided materially false or misleading information in connection with any application for insurance, renewal of insurance, or in connection with the filing of a claim for benefits under an insurance policy; or

5. An insurer determines, within 60 days of issuance of the policy, that the named insured does not meet the acceptance criteria of the insurer in effect on the date of application.

Note:— This rule becomes operative on January 1, 2009.

PROHIBITED REASONS

Insurers are prohibited from cancellation based on any of the
following:

a. Underwriting guidelines which are arbitrary, capricious or
unfairly discriminatory.

b. The sex and/or the marital status of the insured.

c. Unfair discrimination because of the race, creed, color,
national origin or ancestry or any intent to make any such
discrimination against any person or group of persons.
d. Unfair discrimination solely due to the age of the insured in
the extension of any automobile liability policy.

e. Discrimination in any form based on blindness or partial
blindness or other physical or mental impairment unless based
on sound actuarial principles.

NOTICE REQUIREMENTS
TIME PERIOD

1. Nonpayment of premium requires 15 days notice and not more
than 30 days in advance of its effective date. However, if
the insured has paid a portion of the premium to the insurer,
the date of cancellation may not be earlier than 10 days prior
to the last full day of which the premium received would pay
for coverage on a pro rata basis.

2. Other reasons require 20 days notice.

3. When calculating the time period for sending a notice the
first day is not included in the count and the last day is
included unless it is a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday,
then the next business day is the last day.

PROOF OF NOTICE

1. The notice may be sent by:

a. certified mail; or
b. regular mail, supported by a date-stamped proof of
mailing from the Post Office showing the name and address
of the insured and/or mortgagee.

2. The insurer must retain a duplicate of the mailed notice that
is certified to be a true copy.