Esurance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAFLiberty

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just want to tell you to stay away from Esurance as an auto insurance company, I was recently involved in an accident with my KJ - I had FULL coverage - but they just dropped it all today (Jan 4th). Although they did say they would credit my account for the coverage that I paid for.
Now I'm taking them to court, save yourself the hassle - avoid this company.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I recently had a dealing with Esurance. I filed a Mini-Tort Claim with them from my incident with someone backing into me.... took them three weeks to write me a $500 check.

Shame. I guess there is a reason why they are so cheap. Are they going to fix your Jeep at all?!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
How could they just deny the claim and refund you your insurance. Isn't that why you buy insurance to begin with? Did you have multiple claim in a short period of time?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck,go with someone you can look in the eye,might be more money but you can poke them in the eye also.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF?

So yeah are they paying out on the damages at all or what??

Yeah, no kidding?!! They can't do that! That's like you NOT having insurance, getting in a wreck, then saying "oops, I guess I need insurance" and then purchasing insurance to cover your wreck! BS! I know it's probably going to be a difficult struggle, but DO NOT let them get away with that!

JMSMN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crap. I have esurance. Just got a crack in my windshield and they said take it to abra right away, have them contact them and get it fixed right away. I wont have to pay a thing. I hope it goes smoothly now after reading this.

Rob

Reaction score
Shit, I was thinking about switching to Esurance. I'll just stick with the gecko for now.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
From what ThunderbirdJunkie has heard
Geico is no better

And it's no cheaper than the State Farm coverage he has now.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I have AAA Michigan and they have never let us down over the almost 10 years me and my family have been with them. Over this time we've filed 5 claims with them. 3 of them have been my mom, 2 have been mine. (and my two, occurring in the same month)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had American Family Insurance for around 6 years and so far they are great. I've had 2 claims with them and they cut me a check within a couple of days for each claim.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
State Farm.... Been with them since i got my drivers license. I pay $46 a month for full coverage, full glass, and extra protection for uninsured/underinsured drivers. I get a multi line discount thanks to two auto policies, a home policy, and life insurance policies.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard statefarm is the best, but I moved from them after I got $200/6mo less with progressive

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard statefarm is the best, but I moved from them after I got $200/6mo less with progressive

Progressive (blarg)

Your better off paying the extra $400 a year then (banghead) with Progressive... There is a reason they are cheaper, because they don't pay out and don't give good service.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? They suck that bad?

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? They suck that bad?

God yes... I had a legal battle against them when a Progressive insured driver hit my wifes car in a parking lot, did $2k in damage to the front end and fender and even took a chunk out of the tire down to the cords. Progressive claimed it was my wife's fault.. WTF? Took six months of arbitration and threats of lawsuits by State Farm before they paid out and i got my deductible back.

I have a friend who is a Progressive agent, his boss was pissed when he found out through the regional manager that he doesn't have a Progressive policy himself, he is insured with State Farm. He told me he hates the company but its a paycheck so what are you gonna do right? He tells me horror stories weekly how he was told by the manager to deny a claim or try to pass blame, they also lowball on repairs, he has been told many times to talk to the shop and recommend USED parts or to patch stuff back together as cheaply as possible. Sounds like a great insurance company huh??

I don't bad mouth a company unless i have a reason to, just not my style, and i have solid evidence and experience with Progressive. The BBB here has hundreds of complaints against them.

Members online

No members online now.