ESP/BAS TCS ABS Lights all on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nevi.228

Reaction score
I was pulling out of a parking lot with the wife's KJ and heard the grinding/popping sound of a bad CV joint. On the drive home all the above mentioned lights popped on. I have been researching them online and several discussions pointed me to check my wheel speed sensors. I checked voltage at the wheel and was getting 12 at both rear wheels. I did not check the fronts as I did not see a way to do this same test. So, Is there a way to check the fronts? Could the bad CV joint be causing these codes to be thrown? I am truly lost at this point, any and all help would be appreciated.

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A wheel bearing bad can make those sounds. The tone ring for the abs is inside the wheel hub with the bearing. A worn out bearing banging on the tone ring could knock it out of place to where the sensor no longer reads it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nevi.228

Reaction score
Tried wiggling all of the tires and couldn't get them to budge so I don't think it is a wheel bearing. I checked the CV joints, the passenger side moved a little bit. Maybe an 1/8th in up and down. The drivers side didn't move at all.

Latest posts

Members online