Error codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kent456

Reaction score
Hey all, please help.

Codes - P0031, P0108, 0132

Symptoms:
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is on all the time
- Bad odour from exhaust while running or even idling, not sure but smells like rotten egg.
- Cant say for sure, might be too soon. But at this point, no stalling, no backfiring, no turning off, no heating up or none of the likes. Running smoothly I could say so far.
- FYI, just got back a week ago from the shop after some stalling/idling/turning off issues and they said they had cleaned up something that has to do with exhaust or something inside the engine bay. Dont wish to take it back to those guys though.
- The error codes mentioned above has been there for a long time (like as far as I can remember) and not just after bringing back from this latest repair shop visit.
- There was a Check Engine Light (CEL) coming up all the time but that got fixed after my latest shop visit.
- AC does not work. No air is coming out from the usual vents. But there is constant air coming out of the dash defrost vents, even when the AC knobs are put to off and even while driving.
- MAP sensor was replaced but the error code P0108 still comes up

At this point, I am thinking about getting the O2 sensors replaced with used ones due to those error codes. However before that, would like to make sure it is really the O2 sensors that are at fault or could it be something simple? To give a little background info on my O2 sensors - I have driven the jeep for almost 2 years with the O2 sensors cable being cut (all 4 of them), probably by someone when I had taken it to one of the jeep shops for another trouble. But the last shop I had taken it to, they reconnected it by joining the cables and taping them up (is that a good thing for O2 sensors?)

What could I be looking at here guys? Vaccum lines leak?

Disco95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, please help.

Codes - P0031, P0108, 0132

Symptoms:
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is on all the time
- Bad odour from exhaust while running or even idling, not sure but smells like rotten egg.
- Cant say for sure, might be too soon. But at this point, no stalling, no backfiring, no turning off, no heating up or none of the likes. Running smoothly I could say so far.
- FYI, just got back a week ago from the shop after some stalling/idling/turning off issues and they said they had cleaned up something that has to do with exhaust or something inside the engine bay. Dont wish to take it back to those guys though.
- The error codes mentioned above has been there for a long time (like as far as I can remember) and not just after bringing back from this latest repair shop visit.
- There was a Check Engine Light (CEL) coming up all the time but that got fixed after my latest shop visit.
- AC does not work. No air is coming out from the usual vents. But there is constant air coming out of the dash defrost vents, even when the AC knobs are put to off and even while driving.
- MAP sensor was replaced but the error code P0108 still comes up

At this point, I am thinking about getting the O2 sensors replaced with used ones due to those error codes. However before that, would like to make sure it is really the O2 sensors that are at fault or could it be something simple? To give a little background info on my O2 sensors - I have driven the jeep for almost 2 years with the O2 sensors cable being cut (all 4 of them), probably by someone when I had taken it to one of the jeep shops for another trouble. But the last shop I had taken it to, they reconnected it by joining the cables and taping them up (is that a good thing for O2 sensors?)

What could I be looking at here guys? Vaccum lines leak?

P0031
Generic: Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P0108
Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input

0132[/B]
Don't know what this one is.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air only coming out of the defrost vents means that the vacuum tube going into the cabin to operate the vents has come off or has torn.

Years ago after picking up my 2002 Export CRD from a service I had this problem so turned around and drove back to the Dealers. They quickly fitted back the rubber tube they had dislodged coming off the vacuum pump that the CRD uses for brake booster and air vents....gasser has the tube coming off the inlet manifold.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.