enging code 441

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bellerACR

Reaction score
i hust got this code for my 04 jeep liberty limited and the code was 441. (Evaporative purge flow system not working properly) what does that mean.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. The purge pump may be a different matter than a evap leak.. The purge pump does check the evap system for leaks.. that code may mean something is wrong with the purge pump?

2003KJ

Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Tighten the gas cap.

(Well that's what it usually means.)

No, actually "a leak in the evaporative system has been detected" is what comes up because of a lose gas cap, this sounds a bit more serious.

Have you tried resetting the light yet to see if it comes back on again?

Is it giving any symptoms of a problem, such as running bad, or doing stuff thats not "normal"?

bellerACR

Reaction score
no i have not tried to reset the computer yet. it just happened last night on the way to dinner. it seems to be running fine. i will reset today and call the dealership on monday. i only hae 34,000 miles on it. so it should be under warranty.

bellerACR

Reaction score
so i want to reset the comuter . is there a trick to do it or do i just need to pull the battery cable off for 10 min?

2003KJ

Reaction score
Ideally you need a scanner to truly "reset" the computer. Unplugging the battery for about 20 minutes or so should turn the light off, unless it's a serious enough problem to which it will come right back on again. However, the code will still be stored on the computer's memory, and need to be cleared using any OBD-II scanner capable or erasing codes.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bellerACR said:
i only hae 34,000 miles on it. so it should be under warranty.

You might wanna check that...depending on when your '04 was sold (like in '03) you may have already run out of the 3/36...my girlfriend has an '04 Grand Cherokee, and hers ran out in september.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the same code.. Anyone has any ideas?
My last code was October of 2006 with PO455 FUEL PUMP MODULE, which was replaced under warranty according to the dealer.

Today, this morning shortly after I started the jeep, i got the check engine light, and this time code is P0441.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OBDII code P0441 is "EVAP purge system performance",meaning the EVAP purge soliniod is not working correctly or the test pump is(by the gas tank and EVAP cannister) is not performing correctly(most likely).Going to need a DRBIII to get anymore specific than that.