Engine question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geno

Reaction score
Hello, this may have been asked before but I couldn't find anything. Can the Mopar 4.7 V8 fit in the engine bay of my '12 Liberty? Thanks, Geno.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a VERY complicated question.
I personally would contact an experienced engine builder like Jasper Engines, & ask them if the 4.7 would fit & if that may be electronically possible.

Steelman

Reaction score
Hello, this may have been asked before but I couldn't find anything. Can the Mopar 4.7 V8 fit in the engine bay of my '12 Liberty? Thanks, Geno.

Steelman

Reaction score

Homeward_Bound

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fit? Yes. Surprisingly from what I have see, the 4.7 basically drops right in. Have also seen a LS 5.3 dropped in on the same engine mounts and work. Currently following a Nitro build who says the 5.7 will be plug and play aside from a connector or two. But keep in mind, these are all at the sacrifice of the front differential. So either a solid swap necessary or a 2wd conversion.

Will it work? Depends on how much time and money you put in. Biggest issue is the computer programmed to talk with everything else. It has been done. It will cost more than what the vehicle is worth. It will be a custom one off. The LS swap I followed did a complete custom gauge cluster. The 4.7 swap has been silent about it but said it worked. The 5.7 swap is still in progress.

Will it work well? No. Aside from computer issues, cooling. Not enough room for a clutch fan. Not enough airflow around the engine. Hood vents might help. Unfortunately the one KK who did a 4.7 swap went silent. The KK with an LS swap had cooling issues solved with a second small radiator.