Dreaded Engine Light (Lucas)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ssureshot

Reaction score
So I have been having an intermittent start issue, sometimes the Libery(2012) will start rough and not fully start. Seems more prevelent after it's warmed up. Running around town stopping here and there. It only has 74000 miles on it. garage kept. So I decided to put some Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner in the tank and fill it up. Few days later the engine light came on with codes "P1129" and "P0155" not thinking about the Lucas additive I changed all 4 of the O2 sensors along with the MAP sensor. Engine light still comes on with the same codes.

I just filled up the tank again. Is it possible the Lucas addative sparked this and now I have to run it for awhile to clear out the cleaner?

Cheers! and thanks.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you clear the codes after changing the sensors? They may not clear for quite a few drive cycles if you don't clear them. Oxygen sensors do have a finite lifetime. Are you still experiencing the rough start issue?

Ssureshot

Reaction score
Did you clear the codes after changing the sensors? They may not clear for quite a few drive cycles if you don't clear them. Oxygen sensors do have a finite lifetime. Are you still experiencing the rough start issue?
It's hard to say about the rough start, It is so intermittent that I need a while to know if it will happen again. I did clear the codes and also unhooked the battery over night to reset the pcm.

Ssureshot

Reaction score
I doubt the Lucas would cause any issues. Did you use Mopar or NTK sensors?
I used Mopar for the MAP sensor and NTK for the O2's,, I also replaced the torubled sensor x2 just to make sure it wasn't a bad sensor.. yeah the age old throw parts at it I know.. lol

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes me think wiring or pcm. The p0155 is potentially causing the p1129? Is the wiring for the bank 2 upstream sensor visible and intact?

Ssureshot

Reaction score
That makes me think wiring or pcm. The p0155 is potentially causing the p1129? Is the wiring for the bank 2 upstream sensor visible and intact?
Man, hard to say visible, I can barely get my hands up in there. Real Tight so I can't see anything. Sounds like I may need to take it to the dealer.. I do find it odd that after I added the Lucas this happend. I may burn another tank of gas and then take it to the dealer.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the O2 wiring in the 02 and 05 I had was no easier to see. Just seems logical since new sensors didn't fix a fairly specific code.

I never had much luck with Lucas but pretty sure it wouldn't hurt anything. I do like Berrymans B-12. A can of that and a half tank of gas works wonders for me every once in a while. I've seen somewhere on here that leaky injectors can cause hard to start and/or rough running especially when warm. Not sure if this is related to your issues or not.

john e denson

Reaction score
I know you said you said you cleared the codes and unhooked the battery. Did you clear the codes by unhooking the battery and connecting the battery cables together? Sometimes in my 2005, I had to leave the battery cables connected overnight for that to work for certain problems.

Ssureshot

Reaction score
I know you said you said you cleared the codes and unhooked the battery. Did you clear the codes by unhooking the battery and connecting the battery cables together? Sometimes in my 2005, I had to leave the battery cables connected overnight for that to work for certain problems.
I did not touch the cables together, I let them set over night then turned the key into the on position. Supposedly that is the same but what do I know other than diamonds come frm antwerp.

Members online

No members online now.