Electronic panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgi

Reaction score
Hi,
I had recently purchased a second hand 2003 Jeep Liberty LTD edition 2.8 CRD automatic gearbox. Aside from the other things, I would like to ask a subject concerning the panel as per the attached:
1. The lights for the buttons are not working. I tried to change them, but no success. There is no power supply on the tracks.
2. Does anybody know what kind of lights are needed for the cluster panel?
3. Where can I find the electric circuit diagrams for the vehicles?
Thank you in advance!
You must be registered for see images attach

Georgi

Reaction score
www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ

I do not have an EVIC on my Jeep but don't you need to press those lamps firmly to switch them ON/OFF?:confused:

Those lights will be on when the headlights are on. Unfortunately there is no power coming to the supply tracks. That's the reason why I am looking for some schematics for this EVIC, which Jeep are using. The strange thing (at least for me) is the electronic control of those
You must be registered for see images attach
lights... It was fixed for making the repair more complicated?! Who knows?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the Link I gave you in my post to download the Jeep KJ Service Manual for your year Jeep.
There are sections explaining how things like the EVIC work and Section 8W has the Wiring diagrams....I doubt they will show the internals of the EVIC but may show you the power inputs...could be a blown fuse?:confused:

A lot of electrical problems on these aging KJs are caused by harness wires rubbing to chassis or to other random wires!;)

Georgi

Reaction score
Hi,
All stated above is correct, but unfortunately does not help solving my problem... I would like to summarize the stage where I had reached and hope it may give a better idea for someone who had been through such dilemma:
- I have the service manual for my vehicle. Thank you for the advices where to download it.
- checking the wiring diagrams for EVIC (or overhead console, how they name it in the manual) I am able to check only what voltage / signals are coming to the compass / mini-trip computer. This is the circuit board, which I had shown on my previous picture btw;
- unfortunately and as expected the overhead console is shown as a module only on the wiring diagrams. There is nothing related to its internal structure;
- The compass and so called mini-trip computer's display are working properly with all functions;
- The lights, which are illuminating buttons C/T, RESET, STEP, MENU are not working. These lights are some sort of small bulbs, which have no any part number, or at least I am unable to find such in the manual;
- The lights mentioned in my previous statement are getting no any voltage on their tracks, which actually is my problem. I strongly suspect the transistor BCP 51, which is part of their control circuit, but have no sufficient knowledge to check it;
Based on the above, my question to the audience here will be if someone has more deeper knowledge for this compass / mini-trip computer? It would be grate if there is such someone decides to share his knowledge here.
Thank you once again!

Attachments

• Overhead computer.pdf
    491.1 KB · Views: 3