ECU upgrade on the way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
89 will be fine, but you'll find a noticeable difference with the 4 extra octane and good, fresh quality gas

about the difference between worn out spark plugs and freshly installed new ones

The TB will top it off nicely - that I can certainly attest to :)

redbink

Reaction score
In talking with a diesel man the other day, he suggested a reprogram including deleting mass air flow, pressure or temp sensors as well as the EGR. He says the EGR is the killer and that the deisel engine is pretty basic an doesn't need these sensors, but to run without them they need to be deleted in the programing, I assume that means this flash of the ECU? Now Green Diesel has also been mentioned but I have bought into upgrades before that amounted to zero improvement so we need to hear feedback of real results. What is being done to the ECU when it is flashed?

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In talking with a diesel man the other day, he suggested a reprogram including deleting mass air flow, pressure or temp sensors as well as the EGR. He says the EGR is the killer and that the deisel engine is pretty basic an doesn't need these sensors, but to run without them they need to be deleted in the programing, I assume that means this flash of the ECU? Now Green Diesel has also been mentioned but I have bought into upgrades before that amounted to zero improvement so we need to hear feedback of real results. What is being done to the ECU when it is flashed?

With the 3.7 the only real improvement you'll see is with this program this thread is about. I'd like to have a CRD just to get it programmed. Would be nice getting 20+ mpg.

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will see if MPG is better on a trip soon.. But just 2 mile trips right now.. Just giving feedback to what I seen in the few days I had it..

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
He went on a trip

he started getting 78 MPGs so extended the trip and is now on his way to Botswana. :happy175: