Driver Window Troubleshoot HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmoo27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay so the other day my window stopped about half way up and now will not move via the switch, i tried pulling but to no avail, so i go down to the local autoparts store and pick up a new driver side window motor, i take the old one off, install the new one, as soon as its connected i hit the switch to see if it works and NOTHING happens

at this point im like great:favorites68:, so i take the old motor hook two wires up to it and touch the battery terminals and it proceeds to spin, i take the new one back to the parts store and reconnect the old one

at this point im thinking that its the master console switch, i finnaly get one off ebay and just plugged it in, all the windows work except the drivers side window! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE?:shrug:

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's probably the little track that the motor advances, the regulator. These are notorious for failing in the Liberty.

I've had one regulator fail and I got a metal one from eBay that has been problem free since. I also had a motor fail and it was cheaper to get the regulator and motor from the bay.

Good luck!

Jmoo27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but when i had it all apart the window moved freely i was able to raise it all the way up and down

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay so the other day my window stopped about half way up and now will not move via the switch, i tried pulling but to no avail, so i go down to the local autoparts store and pick up a new driver side window motor, i take the old one off, install the new one, as soon as its connected i hit the switch to see if it works and NOTHING happens

at this point im like great:favorites68:, so i take the old motor hook two wires up to it and touch the battery terminals and it proceeds to spin, i take the new one back to the parts store and reconnect the old one

at this point im thinking that its the master console switch, i finnaly get one off ebay and just plugged it in, all the windows work except the drivers side window! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE?:shrug:
Must have a short in a wire somewhere.I'd be chacking the wire loom that protects the wires going from the A piller to the door.There is a plug behind the large rubber grommet on the A piller side(body side).

Jmoo27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must have a short in a wire somewhere.I'd be chacking the wire loom that protects the wires going from the A piller to the door.There is a plug behind the large rubber grommet on the A piller side(body side).

wow GENIUS , went out wiggled it while holding the switch and PROBLEM SOLVED!!

there must be no bounds to tjkj's knowledge!

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My add to everyone else: pull the switch and check for continuity. If you hit the switch and don't hear anything from the door cavity, then the motor isn't getting power...so switch, wiring, fuse, would be the main culprits if all the mechanicals are good.

From Slingblade, "Can't start this lawnmower engine...tried everything but we can't figure it out. Karl, can you take a look?" Karl walks over, straight away opens the gas tank cap, looks up with that goofy look on his face, "It ain't got no gas!" :think:

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow GENIUS , went out wiggled it while holding the switch and PROBLEM SOLVED!!

there must be no bounds to tjkj's knowledge!

Always start with the easy stuff, then start tearing into the hard stuff. If you aren't old enough, the best way to fix a TV used to be to whack it on the side...fixed nearly every problem.