Double question thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Only In A Jeep 81

Reaction score
Sorry to bombard everyone with questions! I just know everyone here is very knowledgable! I did a search already, so please forgive me if this has been covered somewhere.

Question 1: I painted my rims satin black with Rustoleum outdoor spray paint. I did sand and primer first. They look great. Did I make a huge mistake not using the wheel paint found at Autozone that I was not aware of until now?

Question 2: I want to paint my grill the same satin black. If I sand it real well and prime it, is this Rustoleum outdoor spraypaint okay to use for this?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Answer 1......you already painted them so it's done. Since you did good prep work you should be ok so just let them alone and see how they do. I wouldn't wory about it.

Answer 2..they do make spray paint that sticks better to plastic so check the major stores like home depot, walmart, lowes, etc for it.

Some othes may chime in with ideas also.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about some pictures?

Bullett55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also check out using an 'Adhesion Promoter'. You can Google 'adhesion promoter for plastics'. Good stuff. Good luck.

My05Kj

Reaction score
Its all about the prep work when It comes to painting... If you have the best paint in the world, and crappy prep, you get a crappy product, but even with cheap paint and great prep you can get a great result.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Rustoleum is a good quality paint.
And as mentioned, the prep work is the secret
to a quality finish from a rattle can paint!
When you go to paint your grill, just make sure
you use the same brand of primer as the top coat
paint so that the two are compatable.
But I'm sure you already know that!;)

BTW, your wheels look really good!

simond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
am i the only one thaht the original paint goes off the rims ?

Only In A Jeep 81

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Well then I hopefully am good to go on the rims then. I just have this blue/black theme going and I really like it. So I figured I'd paint the grill black as well but I wanted it to look nice. I posted up some pics in another thread of mine but here's one for those that haven't seen it...

You must be registered for see images attach