Door Lock Pull Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjw3cma

Reaction score
SO, how does one go about changing these out? Our 2005 Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition pulls are showing their age (chrome flaking off a couple) ????? I tried to unscrew one (driver's door) no luck / I tried to remove it by using a pair of pliers - no luck - it felt like if I continued I would break something. Thought about heating it up to see if that might help. Any thoughts?

They have to be replaceable so how does one change them out?????
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup & it's not a lot of fun to replace either. Suddenly I'd leave it alone!
You could however coat it with a good clear epoxy to prevent flaking.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
On the 02 Renegade I had back a few years ago, They were messed up, bought some hard plastic type plugs, glued them on and good to go
Think I got them at Lowes or somewhere , not even sure what they were for

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Reaction score
This is what the pulls look like. Rear door lock is pictured.

I have a couple fronts still in the doors and rears that are out. They snap in and out really easy, but getting to them as LibertyTC said is a pain, you just have to take your whole door apart and it would be the last part before removing the actual locking latch.

If you think you are up for the project message me directly and you can have all 4 of them for a good price.