do wheel spacers give any problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtbskierkj

Reaction score
i have a 2007 jeep liberty all stock and i wanted to start to do some work on it but a lift is to much at the moment but i wanted to know if wheel spacers affect anything with clearence with wider tires on them such as rubbing on the fender and a good size of either just tire or good size spacer with a good size tire

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a stock KJ, wheel spacers will make it harder to run wider tires as you'll be more prone to rub on the pinch weld or the back of the bumper.

Additionally, they'll put more stress on your bearings as the leverage on them is increased. You may be just fine - many people run with a different offset that is equal to the spacers with no problems. Apparently my front bearings couldn't handle 35,000 miles on my stock wheels, so I am leery of the spacers.

mtbskierkj

Reaction score
oo ok thanks i think im going to lean toward bigger backspacing but thanks im just gtting started with really wanting to do things to it but thank you

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
backspacing will lead to the same rubbing issue. See my explanation in the spacers thread in general forum.