Do 265/70/16's look funny on 7" rims?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of Renegade wheels and thinking of going with 265/70's once the OME lift is on. I don't really want the tires looking tucked in too far at the rim. Anyone have good pics with this size on stock rims?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Two Bobs ran 255-70-16s on 7 inch for quite a while, he should have some pictures
I run 265-70-16 on 7 inch wheels on my 5X8 flat bed trailer so if needed I can find some pictures to show how they sit on that width wheel as well

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two Bobs ran 255-70-16s on 7 inch for quite a while, he should have some pictures
I run 265-70-16 on 7 inch wheels on my 5X8 flat bed trailer so if needed I can find some pictures to show how they sit on that width wheel as well

Tom, you told me about your trailer tires in pm, but I thought they were on 8" Moab's. I must have misread that. Pics would be great if you have any.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Trailer is running 7 inch white spoke wheels with 265-70-16s
KJ is running Moabs with 265-75-16
trying to find some pictures of it

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not the best pictures ( just right after I got it out of the back 40 , lifted it and was getting ready for paint and back on the road again) but you can sort of see how a 265-70 will sit on a 7 inch wide wheel
Wow was still running the regular spare tire mount then :icon_lol:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom! Those look fine on 7" rims. Looks like I will be ordering 265/70s. Thinking of going with Micky Thompson Baja STZ's. Should work well as a good trail tire here in the Nevada high desert. The Duratracs on my Sidekick have been great, but thought about trying something different....

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here's a couple of pics - first on the 8" Moabs:

Then on the 7" Renegade OEM wheels:

Funny how the KJ has progressed. Kinda looks naked in those older pics without the rock rails, JBA skids and UCA's, etc. :gr_grin:

I'm shopping for a set of 265/70's myself - the current set of 255's has OK tread on them but with winter on the way and road trips to some very rural areas in the snow belt I'm gonna need new shoes to help get me through the snow. Probably Duratracs but I'm open for suggestions :icon_wink:

Bob

Last edited:

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bob, I saw your KJ on the other forum. I LOVE black Renegades! Almost bought one but it was 150 miles away and had a lot of miles on it. So, I ended up with my 05 Light Khaki Limited. I just ordered 5 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's like the pic above, off Amazon for $147 each shipped, about $40 cheaper per tire than the Duratracs. Plus they are made in America.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the lift to clear 265 70 16 i'd do it. Only issued i have for that size is sparse selection.

edit : Just looked up tire rack and realized they now make duratracs in this size in standard load.

265 on 7 inch look really nice. I assume your running new JBA UCA as they might come close to rubbing on stock ones.

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the lift to clear 265 70 16 i'd do it. Only issued i have for that size is sparse selection.

265 on 7 inch look really nice. I assume your running new JBA UCA as they might come close to rubbing on stock ones.

Yea, I'm at 22.75 in the front with JBA arms. May have an issue at the fog light door but that's an easy fix. You're right - my tire choices aren't as good with the 265-70's but I think I'll like the look better than with 245-75's on the Moabs.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea, I'm at 22.75 in the front with JBA arms. May have an issue at the fog light door but that's an easy fix. You're right - my tire choices aren't as good with the 265-70's but I think I'll like the look better than with 245-75's on the Moabs.

Bob

265-70-16s look WAY better on a Moab than a 245-75-16 IMO

Latest posts

Members online