Diff between Columbia Ed. and Rocky Mountain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rescuefish

Reaction score
So what's the difference between the Columbia edition and the Rocky Mountain edition? I recently bought a Sport with lots of upgrades, and my insurance agent wanted to know whether it was a Columbia or Rocky Mountain. I said "It's says Sport?". Can anyone help me with this?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
I think the columbia was later turned into the Rocky mtn edition.
basically it has um...painted grille/fenders (or was it the bumpers)
badging, and the interiors colours....(white insterts on the seats, and a white part on the steering)....oh and the rims are different

dnm45227

Reaction score
Aren't they the same? It just came down to a marketing/money thing to use the Columbia name.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
Aren't they the same? It just came down to a marketing/money thing to use the Columbia name.

It is...after like a year....they dropped columbia and adopted the RME

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another difference is that you got a $150 Columbia Jacket with removable liner!! weee!!

Oh, and the seats have cloth down the center back / seat and leather (pleather) on the sides of the back / seat. They also have Columbia Edition embroidered on the front seats.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Another difference is that you got a $150 Columbia Jacket with removable liner!! weee!!

Oh, and the seats have cloth down the center back / seat and leather (pleather) on the sides of the back / seat. They also have Columbia Edition embroidered on the front seats.

Don't forget about the free jacket! =D>

robotmonkey

Reaction score
My 2005 RME:

* Different wheels
* Renegade hood/grill and rear locker
* Different cloth seats with "Jeep" embroidered on headrests
* Body-colored fenders
* No chrome except "Jeep" badge on hood and stuff on tailgate.

I don't think there are other changes. My window sticker suggests that (at least my Jeep or all 2005 RME's) started out as a Renegade and then changes were made.