Detailing/Detailed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we dont have a detailing section, Ill just post there here. lol 8-[

Ive not gotten any good ones outside after I cleaned, polished, and waxed it(twice). I must say that Im killed though and need to rest some. I am on spring break. O:)

Anyway, I took the rockers rails off, changed out the tires, and took the tcase skid off. I was going to take all of them off except the gas tank skid, but when I started taking that engine skid off, I had a flash back of when I saw a ladder on the Highway.. I just didnt feel like putting the tcase skid back on. ](*,)

Anyway, Ill post more pics when I find the sun again.. I think its going to rain some, so its staying in the garage. \:D/

You must be registered for see images attach

Before taking rocker rails off.. The salt did a number on those.. Guess I need to paint them again:

Before I started on the paint.. It looked ok before, just needed some wax.. So I Cleaned it, polished it, and waxed it twice(With two different waxes). I figured that should do just fine. \:D/

Chip on the hood:

Bought some stuff:

New Sheep skin mit(awesome):

Mild scratch on drivers rear door.. I worked on it some, but I do not believe I got it all out:

In the process:

Under body afters.. Yes I did use tire shine under there.. Am I insane? Could be. 8-[

Thats all I have for now.. More to come when the sun comes back..

I added it all up, and I removed a total of 156lbs. The black rims weigh 20lbs more a piece than the stock rims. Thats rotational mass though, so it has a higher effect. I could take the sub out which is another 70lbs, but I cannot stand to loose my bass.. Im just playing around and trying to see how much performance I can gain back. O:)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blake is a Detailing ****.

Never seen anyone detail underbody, or remove rails and shine them up.. One thing I know, is that the rust on the shaft is driving you crazy!

PS: We got snow coming! :-& better keep it in the garage

2003KJ

Reaction score
wow.....just.....wow.

btw, i'm trying to get Bennett to make a detailing section....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
your interior was brown? never knew that...

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch guys.. Im proud of myself. \:D/

My interior isnt brown hyedipin, its light taupe. O:)

I went around the house and gathered up all the change I could find. I had some saved up in my room also.. I needed some way to buy some more detailing stuff, so I figured I would go ahead and cash all of it.. I cannot wait till this summber so I can get a job! \:D/

ryanmcv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to wash and detail mine, but with such unpredictable weather here in the Chicago 'burbs, it's just not worth it. For example, yesterday it was 75 degrees and sunny. Tomorrow it will be 40 degrees with snow and rain. So if I get the Libby washed, she's just gonna get filthy dirty again within 24 hours. I pray everyday for warmer weather! (bowdown)

2003KJ

Reaction score
Ok and I just noticed that you TAPED OFF the door handles, windshield, and any other trim.

I think you need to check into DA.....that's Detailaholics Anonymous.....

".....Hi my name's Blake and i'm addicted to detailing......"
"Hi Blake!!!!"

\:D/

ryanmcv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Ok and I just noticed that you TAPED OFF the door handles, windshield, and any other trim.

I think you need to check into DA.....that's Detailaholics Anonymous.....

".....Hi my name's Blake and i'm addicted to detailing......"
"Hi Blake!!!!"

\:D/
Wow... I just noticed that as well. You should get a job at a car wash or something, jeepster.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll never put a picture of my Jeep on here. I would just be embarrased.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a buffer so it works out better to just tape everything off. It only take around 10-15min but saves me the work of needing to go around all the plastic by hand. With the tape on there, I can get all of it with the buffer and not worry about it. \:D/

It rained on and off today, so I didnt get any pics of it outside.. Maybe tomorrow. O:)

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking good. i finally got to wash my jeep after a long while this past weekend. I just dropped $150 on some new detailing supplies that were needed to stock back up on the normal use stuff like ASD, SG, and some 85.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My wife thinks i wash/wax mine too much but I will NEVER be able to compete with Blake! He has some serious issues! LOL Looks great so when do you want me to bring mine down so you can detail it! \:D/

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you use on your dashboard since it is kind of a hard plastic?

I just wipe mine down with a slightly damp towel, but was wondering if I should use some kind of cleaner/protector.

Dave

2003KJ

Reaction score
Dave said:
What do you use on your dashboard since it is kind of a hard plastic?

I just wipe mine down with a slightly damp towel, but was wondering if I should use some kind of cleaner/protector.

Dave

Not sure what Blake uses....my guess would be a Meguires product of some sort... \:D/

However, I use the Black Magic Protectant. Comes in a small little spray bottle and costs a couple of dollars at wally world. Spray some on a terry cloth and wipe it on the dash for a nice even shine, after wiping down the dash with the Armor All (the ONLY Armor All product I use) cleaning wipes for plastic (the ones in the purple bottle).