Dash vents in the dishwasher...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idea.gif

You know how impossible it is to clean your air vents? I have the solution, Thought I would give it a try as its worked with computer parts.

What I did is take the vents in the house, place them in the top rack of the dishwasher (finish loading the dishwasher with dirty dishes to prevent household drama). and wash, with non-heated drying. They came out looking really good.

It seems to be just fine to use normal dish detergent on them, no white spots or anything like that.

(pics soon)

Last edited:

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should work fine. A lot of people complain about plastic, but in many cases (not all) it will last longer than metal-- especially if cared for properly. No corrosion, flexibility etc.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never thought of doing my a/c vents in the dishwasher. I've done everything else from my shoes to other various items. I'll try this the next time I'm cleaning the interior of my Liberty.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In reality i never thought it was that hard to clean the vents as long as you have a detailing brush. Sounds like a pain to take it all apart

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In reality i never thought it was that hard to clean the vents as long as you have a detailing brush. Sounds like a pain to take it all apart

It's actually not hard to take them apart. I yanked one of mine out accidentally once pulling out an old vent airfreshener. Freaked out, thought I had broken something. :eek:

they just snap out and snap in.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting.......I never would have thought of that. But I don't have a dishwasher.

So now I gotta add a dishwasher to my jeep mod list????.....:D

Dave

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Detailing brush is probably .01% of the money i need for my lift.. =)

And getting them out is easy, I remember test driving it with the banker.. I hit a bump and one came out and hit him in the knee.. I was like... So does it have a remaining warranty?...