dash speaker blown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on a road trip and for whatever reason, my right front speaker (the tiny one by the windshield) sounds like it is blown :icon_sad:. Is this speaker easy to get to? I'm thinking of just disconnecting it for now, and might replace eventually. Can I get to it through the dash without tearing everything apart?

**edit**

Turns out, it's the passenger side front door speaker. So I took out the stock infinity speaker and see that it has it's own amp. Looks like replacing with an aftermarket will be a pain, and I read a new infinity speaker is like 200 bucks?! I'm thinking I will just leave the speaker disconnected and just forget about it. This is sort of my "beater" vehicle anyway.

Last edited:

E.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of an aftermarket speaker that will fit in the front door without modifications, and that can be used with the stock speaker amp?

MTN GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a pretty good job of blowing out my Infinity speakers while listening to The White Stripes at high volume. It took about a month's worth of abuse before they started to rattle.
The tweeter speakers in the dash are tough to get to, the whole upper strip has to come out to reach them. Was trying to get at the hazard switch between the vents and found out the whole dash has to be taken apart to get to it. "They just don't make 'em like they used to..."