Crown King run (crossposted from LOST)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bunch of AZ LOST folks did the Crown King run, north of Phoenix, and these are cross-posted from the LOST board. We had four KJs (including two stock), one XJ, one Toyota FJ, and a Wrangler TJ.

The terrain:
You must be registered for see images

The lineup:

Special thanks to phxtoad for babysitting the stockers, and to o8k for going before me:

The only part where anyone got hung up - me of course, while o8k watches my door from grinding across the rock face and phxtoad spots. This is a hard left turn above a sharp rise, a two point turn after ascending the hill. I got high-centered on the crossmember, and I believe this was the only time tow straps were mentioned on the run. I eventually cleared by doing the cheap locker trick, simultaneous brake and gas.

Trail rash - phxtoad hugs the wall a little too close, and the exposed tree root takes a piece of his turn signal. If you look real hard you can see some amber plastic in the dirt:

oldhockeyvb led the pack. He didn't think this line would work for us non-lifted types:

...so we brought out the RockStacker 2000:

...and proceeded through. First up, the FJ:

...then the XJ:

...then phxtoad:

...then o8k, with me taking notes behind:

...then my turn:

...and our cleanup crew in the TJ:

The obigatory post-run lineup:

Russ & Mary

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really nice......you guys out west have the best wheeling places.

Dave

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pics!!! Looks like you all had a great time, sorry we missed it. We would of liked to of joined in, but we were up in the Strip Country this past weekend....

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jealousy has kicked in! Michigan *****!

Hey, I lived in Grand Rapids for 15 years.

We got rocks, but you've got sand (Silver Lake), if you're into that kinda thing. And of course there's places like Turtle Ridge if you're into *that* kinda thing.

But you get the best deals on autos by far there in Detroit - in fact we went to Detroit to buy our Libby back in February, because no one out here was interested in making a deal. Not even on vehicles that had been on the lot for a year. The Detroit dealers were selling brand new '07 4WD Sports for $15,000, although we ended up buying an '06 Limited (with heated seats!) used from Chrysler's executive leasing program.

Russ

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the stock libby(I think its stock) do up against the FJ? Everyone acts like those things are just AWESOME but they're ugly as heck.

I love those XJ's. I wish I could get one before they all start getting old and build me one up..

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the stock libby(I think its stock) do up against the FJ?

I didn't get a chance to see the FJ in action much, he was four vehicles in front of me. I am stock, and our clearances seemed about the same, although I did get hung up on one spot for about ten minutes (and I was the only one to get hung up).

Russ