Creaky Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I've heard tell of strange noise's when the sway bar is not torqued properly ... :shrug:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Where is the ball joint in the rear? And how big of a job is replacing the bushings?

You pretty much need to replace the whole tri-link. Apparently it won't stand up to (bend/crack) the forces involved in removing and replacing the joint(s).

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You pretty much need to replace the whole tri-link. Apparently it won't stand up to (bend/crack) the forces involved in removing and replacing the joint(s).

This is true. I replaced the bushings and ball joint in mine just a few months ago, and it's already shot again.

nmadd118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes but if I havent identified the tri-link as being the issue, replacing it seems extreme. I started noticing this right after I got the rear LCA's replaced under the recall. trouble is, this is around the same time I installed my lift. :( It's starting to come back now too with the warmer weather. Im going to WD-40 one busing at a time then drive around a while and see if I can locate exacly where its coming from. Will loosen and retighten sway bar too. Its gotta end!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Check to make sure they tightened the LCAs in the rear correctly
On a few they haven't and people have had noises afterwards
Torqued with weight on them , best to loosen somewhat and retorque.