Creaky Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like a blown shock that's making the noise.
Ours creaks in the front as well...
It's when it stops creaking that I'll get worried!

It's a Jeep, they make strange little noises.

True, that's the way we like them. I'll go with bushing on that one. keep us up do date.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like a blown shock that's making the noise.
Ours creaks in the front as well...
It's when it stops creaking that I'll get worried!

It's a Jeep, they make strange little noises.

I was thinking that too at first. That is true all the lil' noises are what make 'em so unique from one another.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use only soap and water to clean,if they still make noise replace and clean them often.

I did spray the front bushings with the soapy water and that eliminated that problem. Now just trying to figure out what the rear's problem is. Tried unbolting the rear swaybar but those bolts were tighter then a virgin so I just left them be. Trying to figure out whats wrong by checking things off one by one.

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried unbolting the rear swaybar but those bolts were tighter then a virgin so I just left them be. Trying to figure out whats wrong by checking things off one by one.

Either loosen them a quarter turn each or remove it completely and I bet it takes care of the rear end. Worth a shot, plus it's free.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
unbolting the rear swaybar but those bolts were tighter then a virgin so I just left them be. Trying to figure out whats wrong by checking things off one by one.

That may be one source then as Elmer says .. you should be able to remove them easily ... 73 ft/lbs I think.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did spray the front bushings with the soapy water and that eliminated that problem. Now just trying to figure out what the rear's problem is. Tried unbolting the rear swaybar but those bolts were tighter then a virgin so I just left them be. Trying to figure out whats wrong by checking things off one by one.

:freak3: That's tight... :whip:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The creak is usually always a bushing. I have the daystar front sway bar bushings, no creak, confirmed now in 20 degree weather. My rear lower control arms used to creak too, but not since they were replaced under the recall. I still feel weird when I hear nothing when I go over a dip or something. I also have a new rear upper control arm, so everything is sort of new. No creaks.

The rear sway bar twists when the body lists giving a tiny bit more spring rate. The rear swaybar does nothing when you just bounce up and down.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The creak is usually always a bushing. I have the daystar front sway bar bushings, no creak, confirmed now in 20 degree weather. My rear lower control arms used to creak too, but not since they were replaced under the recall. I still feel weird when I hear nothing when I go over a dip or something. I also have a new rear upper control arm, so everything is sort of new. No creaks.

The rear sway bar twists when the body lists giving a tiny bit more spring rate. The rear swaybar does nothing when you just bounce up and down.

Hey man can you give me a link to those front bushings?

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow talking about bringing this from the dead. The front doesn't squeak anymore the soapy water fixed that up nice. The rear just stopped creaky on it's own, still no idea what it was (might be a shock bushing or something like that) but hey I'm not complaining :happy160:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'd just like to put out an update.

Creaky suspension is No More! The soapy water spray did the trick

nmadd118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had this creaking in my rear.. hehe.. for months now, after i had the rear LCA's replaced under the recall and i put my full OME kit in. i've tried silicone spray on both the rear LCA bushings as well as the Tri-link bushings with no result. Over the winter months it seemed to be less severe.. but not noticing it again. Any further thoughts? I'm tempted to bring it back to the dealer but theyre going to charge me $100+/hr if its not the RLCA's or something they did..

Thanks

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't use silicon!! It's very bad for the rubber bushings as it will eat them away, use the soapy water method that me and 4x4kayak used. It's cheap and won't destroy your bushings

nmadd118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I will try this. But I've literally tried everything. I doubt soapy water will lubricate it better than silicone spray despite it being damaging. Essentially if I got up on the tire and shook the KJ by pushing and pulling on the roof rail I'd get the sound of an old squeaky coil mattress. It seemed to be coming from the RLCAs where they fix to the axel. Ughh so annoying. Anything else I can try?

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I will try this. But I've literally tried everything. I doubt soapy water will lubricate it better than silicone spray despite it being damaging. Essentially if I got up on the tire and shook the KJ by pushing and pulling on the roof rail I'd get the sound of an old squeaky coil mattress. It seemed to be coming from the RLCAs where they fix to the axel. Ughh so annoying. Anything else I can try?

its a ball joint. i just fixed the same problem...

Latest posts

Members online