Crd electric fan blowing fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

netcott

Reaction score
My wife 05 liberty crd keeps blowing the electric fan fuses. After replcing the fuse the fan appears to work fine but after a few days it is blown again. I assume the fan bearing ar bad and the fan is drawing too many amps. Really doesn't seem to be much need for the fan for engine cooling but without the electric fan the ac doesn't get as cold. Is there a source for the fan other than the dealer. Has anybody used a different type of electric fan in it's place?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife 05 liberty crd keeps blowing the electric fan fuses. After replcing the fuse the fan appears to work fine but after a few days it is blown again. I assume the fan bearing ar bad and the fan is drawing too many amps. Really doesn't seem to be much need for the fan for engine cooling but without the electric fan the ac doesn't get as cold. Is there a source for the fan other than the dealer. Has anybody used a different type of electric fan in it's place?

You could have an intermittant wiring short causing the fuse to blow or the fan could start seizing when hot or a bad section of wiring on the rotor.

You need to pull the fan out to inspect it and measure the resistance across the terminals while slowly rotating it and see if it is tight when rotating.