cragar 397's w/ no lift???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason1080

Reaction score
hey guys, i just got my liberty and i love the look of the cragar 397 wheels. i was wondering if i could put them on without lifting. i don't do any offroading i just like the look. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, I don't see any problems with that. I got the cragars 342, same wheel just a different design, without any lift. Get a 16x7 w/5" bs or 16x8 with 4.5" bs. What tire do you plan to run?

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it absolutely necessary to have a lift for proper offroading? Stupid question, but just in case there is a stupid answer :D (nothing against those who answer).

I wouldn't be rockcrawling, just average bog standard mug wrangling...

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm slightly concerned about the low chassis between the wheels - I know it shouldn't be too much of a problem if I keep the wheels on top of the high stuff - but do you guys find any problems with the stock lift?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6 months after I bought my Liberty I went to Camp Jeep in Virginia. I took on 2 trail courses, 1 of which required a river crossing with some decent size rocks. The "STOCK" jeep took everything with stride and I had no issues. As for the chassis being low between the wheels, it is a good idea to install skids prior to taking it out for a off-road adventure.

Stock still rocks!

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6 months after I bought my Liberty I went to Camp Jeep in Virginia. I took on 2 trail courses, 1 of which required a river crossing with some decent size rocks. The "STOCK" jeep took everything with stride and I had no issues. As for the chassis being low between the wheels, it is a good idea to install skids prior to taking it out for a off-road adventure.

Stock still rocks!

Thanks!

Sorry to hijack the thread... (whistle)