Cost of lift install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckorch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was surprised the front was thst low I checked clevis and spacer are both in good

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be where you parked when you did the measurement as well. There is one spot I park in at home where the rear measures at 23.5 when I park there. At first I thought something was going on because the area looks flat and not at an angle. It is the only place that if I park where it looks uneven with the back so much higher.

ckorch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long dors it take go settle? One other thing when I'm driving it feels like I got a flat th ire on the rear. Like if i steer left to right feels loose in yhe rear is that normal

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How long dors it take go settle? One other thing when I'm driving it feels like I got a flat th ire on the rear. Like if i steer left to right feels loose in yhe rear is that normal

Is your alignment done correctly?

ckorch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea they said it aligned correctly.

greene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like you are missing a part or you got the wrong struts and spring, I just do not know?

But I do know your front should not be 2” lower than the back. I was told by JBA when I ordered my lift. The standard Tommudd's Econo 3.5" lift kit, the back end will sit about a ½” higher than the front. That is why I went with the 0.500 clevis spacer to get a little closer to level.

Look at this posting it has a photo of a rig with this lift.
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f203/frankenlift-ii-vs-tommudd-econo-lift-53377/index2.html

I will hopefully know more after next weekend… still waiting on my struts and spring to come in. then up I go with a little tweaking of my own I am hoping it will set level or the front a little bit higher than the back.

I think it is driving funny because the back is so much higher than the front? I maybe wrong????

P.S. I am 2wd for now.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Bring it to Ohio, the only cost will be a 24 pack of Summer Shandy, $50, and having to put up with ThunderbirdJunkie and teckman02 lol3.gif

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind because the Matrix is real, Neo.

ckorch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was I suppose to remove the rubber thing that rear spring sits in? Is that why the back is higher?

spideyrdr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the fronts were assembled without the isolaters? Can you get a picture of one side on the front without the tire on just so people can gawk and maybe spot something?

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't lift it enough then
:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:

I disagree not everyone needs max lift! I just did coils and shocks and am perfectly satisfied with it. I didn't want to do a clevis lift and rear iso's. So how did I not lift it enough if thats what I wanted?:shakehead:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I disagree not everyone needs max lift! I just did coils and shocks and am perfectly satisfied with it. I didn't want to do a clevis lift and rear iso's. So how did I not lift it enough if thats what I wanted?:shakehead:

Definition of JOKE

a : something said or done to provoke laughter; especially : a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist
b (1) : the humorous or ridiculous element in something (2) : an instance of jesting : kidding <can't take a joke>

: something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter <consider his skiing a joke — Harold Callender> —often used in negative constructions <it is no joke to be lost in the desert>