Convert 45RFE to NV3550

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reddok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your PCM will wig out with it thinking it's in "P" all the time.

Ya, I knew it was going to cause some issues, but I'm not sure of what effect it will have on driveability.

The way I have it set up right now, when I push in the clutch it grounds the TRS wire that lets the PCM think it's in park so it will only think it's in "P" when I push the clutch in. The clutch switch has a NO and NC pair of wires, so I can take the NC pair and wire it in to a wire on the TRS that makes it think it's in "D" when the clutch is out. Hopefully that will work for a temp. solution until I can get a PCM flash or figure out how to replace the PCM without triggering the anti-theft in the SKIM.

Reddok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't had much time to work on the Jeep lately. Finished the transmission swap. I had an issue with the rear U-joint because I found out I had a Dana 35 in the rear of my Jeep and needed a hybrid u-joint to make it work with the newer driveshaft. Took it for a spin around the block and it seems to work alright. Unfortunately the rad blew up and I have a ticking coming from the intake valve on the drivers rear cylinder. Going to do some more investigating and hopefully have that fixed soon. Oh ya, picked up an OME lift to install too... :)

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was looking this up....if I'm not mistaken, this jeep now has a vw tdi in it.