Clunking from front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the JBA Tomm Mudd 3.5" lift installed. Everything is torqued to specs and was done so on the ground with tires on. It's been installed for a few months now. I was out on some trails that were a bit more advanced then I normally go on and I noticed as the suspension in the front end would drop I would get a heavy "clunk" noise. The sound was more from the passenger side. Also going over some very rough rocky sections I noticed a bit of a loose vibration feel in the steering wheel. When we got back out onto the road it feels fantastic and handles like a 2 ton sports car 2' off the ground.
I'm guessing I have some worn bushings. Any suggestions on what to look for or replace?
Thank you in advance.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you changed the sway bar bushings seems most lifts I've done this issue come up and it's been the front sway bar.

rbm92226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you clearance your upper control arm pockets? I let mine self clearance and they made quite a racket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add the same issue few week after lift, turned out sway bar bushing went out, rear upper control arm bushing went out also not long after, got them replaced this friday.