Clicking Noise after coming to a stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inspired by the "clunking noise" topic, I just remembered sometimes I hear clicking noise on the drivers side after coming to a stop, mostly after quick stops, it like something keeps moving with the momentum and then gets stuck and clicks like a pendulum very rapidly. I only hear that when it's in 2x4 for some reason.

weird.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, that is wierd. I can't think of anything that would make that noise unless you got marbels in your pocket.

Sorry, I'm no help huh.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will try to record it this weekend. It is weird and comes from near the speedometer.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Inspired by the "clunking noise" topic, I just remembered sometimes I hear clicking noise on the drivers side after coming to a stop, mostly after quick stops, it like something keeps moving with the momentum and then gets stuck and clicks like a pendulum very rapidly. I only hear that when it's in 2x4 for some reason.

weird.

I am guessing from here that what you are hearing is the solenoids operating in the auto trans, which is normal.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean transmission downshifting? oh that's totally another bang and I got used to it. Slow down... 40-20 bang... 20-10 bang ... :)

This is very rapid 5-6 beats per second? Funny thing, like I said it only happens in 2x4, where your statement of ****** would make sense, because it is "looser"?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BANG is coming from the slack in the drivetrain. The ****** will 'buzzz' when it downshifts. I can hear mine really well with I have the windows down. 8-[

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
valvestem said:
hyedipin said:

weird.

I am guessing from here that what you are hearing is the solenoids operating in the auto trans, which is normal.

I hear this in mine when I'm at a drive through ATM and put it in and out of park and drive. The wall seems to magnify it so I can hear it then.