Faint whirrr coming to a stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Liberty took a much needed 10 day vacation. Didn't crank or move for 10 days and I don't think that has ever happened the whole time I have owned it. So when it went back to work Monday, sometimes I would hear a faint whirrr sound right about just before coming to a full stop. At first I thought it was coming from the general area of the transmission. I even shifted to neutral a couple of times trying to figure it out and still heard it. My first thought was a disengaging sound from the trans. But doesn't seem to be that after all.

It's not every time and it is faint. It seems easier to hear with the windows rolled up. And the more I tried to figure it out, the more I think it's coming from the right front. I don't know now if it is a whirrr sound from something turning at just the speed before the stop. Or if its a spring or bushing noise from the weight transfer of stopping.

Very weird and not every stop. Any thoughts I am not thinking of?