Cherosaurus Rex's Photoshoot... FINALLY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Finally got a chance to take some GOOD pics of Cherosaurus Rex. Enjoy everyone. ;)

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real nice Jeep Marlon. I like the color and wheels and heck, the whole thing looks good.

Did you get used to driving it yet, after the KK?

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
This transmission is "different". The seating position is lower, though still good, even though ground clearance is about the same. Still haven't gotten used to that. There is a TON of rear seat room.

It can climb curbs with ease. lol3.gif

The Stop-Start system isn't bothering me at all.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove a new Compass Trailhawk with the stop-start. I'm sure it's something to get used to, but I didn't like it at all. I've owned enough crappy cars in the past that I just kept thinkin that it killed at the stoplight:icon_razz:
Is it possible to switch it off?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's possible to turn it off, but it starts back up so quick that I just take off like I normally do.

Stop-start is going into a lot of vehicles. So it is pretty seamless I guess. So it has an on-off switch?

I wonder if this option is really saving gas/money by the time you subtract the extra wear and tear on the starter/battery and possibly reduced longevity of the affected parts?

Dave

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My boss' daughter had it on her BMW. She hated it and made the dealer turn it off.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a vehicle with the stop/start, BUT I''m thinking the previous owner had it shut off permanently , because as far as I know it does not work, which I am not complaining about one bit!

So Marlon_JB2, what is it about the ****** you find "different'?

Bert

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm sure it has a lot of cool upgraded features from the KJ but I cannot get myself to like the front. x.x

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
It doesn't shift like a traditional automatic. Some gearshifts seem to "slip", like the transmission is in neutral. I believe that it DOES shift to neutral for a split second. This is due to the dog clutches in the transmission. MOST of the shifts are normal.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
i'm sure it has a lot of cool upgraded features from the KJ but I cannot get myself to like the front. x.x

Dunno what they're doing to the front and rear ends in the refresh, but maybe you'll like that one better?

Personally, I used to hate it too. Then over time, it didn't bother me. Then last year, I started to like the Trailhawks.

These seats after work tho. Oh boy are they comfortable.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks awesome!!! Love that color.

These things do some interesting shifts...it's always shifting it seems like. Has some pep!

I disable the start/stop every time I get in it, it feels like I'm in the LR and it's stalling out. lol.

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the looks of it, but to me it shouldn't be called a Cherokee. It just looks like a lifted car, not an suv ( or even a crossover). But maybe that's just me.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
i read that there are lots of complaints w/ that 9 gears auto ******.
any insight into that?

Mine has 13k on it and it's on it's second ******. Got the OE one replaced with 3k miles on it. :happy175:

The 1/15 and later units are pretty good. The early ones were way worse and they had to program them differently to prevent them from grenading (eliminated the 3-1 downshift for a rolling stop), which was a major annoyance allegedly. Mine has the newer ****** so I have a 3-1 downshift for a rolling stop.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Mine doesn't constantly shift. It upshifts and pretty much stays there. I actually have to push the pedal down quite a bit in order to get it to downshift.

From what I've heard, SOME of the 2014 transmissions were nightmares. Thing is, I don't know anybody that has had to have one replaced.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The oil changes on these things are easy and clean, compared to the KJ and the KJ is pretty good overall.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Oil changes on a KK are a nightmare. Can barely get anyone to do it right. I can't even think about doing it myself. The problem is oil filter access. You can barely access the filter. I feel sorry for those guys each time they have to do one, especially my old one and all Renegades and others equipped with skid plates, because they require removal each time.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The KJ now after the new steering rack I'm just super careful about making sure I get all the oil off of the driver's side bushing. Usually stays clean but it takes me more time to clean up than it does to change the oil.

The KL is easy with the oil filter cartridge up top in the engine bay. 24mm socket and it's off. Just make sure to oil the top and bottom plates of the filter where it joins the media, if it twists that'll prevent it from tearing.

Latest posts

Members online