Check out my Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks. Can you tell me what Rotors i have. Im the second owner of this KJ so I have no clue what is it. I will leave it to you Pro's:D. Below are the pictures.

You must be registered for see images

REAR ROTORS

FRONT ROTORS

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like some idiot drilled their stock rotors....

I am really sorry, but exactly that's what I thought when I first saw it... :( Sorry dude, those don't look that great. Also it looks like someone painted the break calipers as well. They don't look that bad..

What is that red thing on the second shot in the back? Shocks?

I am really looking forward to shots of your underbody to see what else is there besides that exhaust setup.

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend changing them soon. And what is the deal with the painted calipers??

Thanks for the suggestions. The rotors dont pose any danger for now i guess and the response time of the breakes are awesome. The painted calipers um.. it looks ok to me. :). I cant take credit for all the mod done to my KJ i got it Used. My Guess is that the Previous owner wanted to turn this KJ into a Civic that goes vrooom vroooom and Bling Bling :D like City car look not for Offroad. :eek:

Last edited:

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...most likely its the shock boots. Do you have a lift on it? What shocks are those?

Honestly I dont know yet. :D when I get an oil change i will take pictures of that shocks and the exhaust set up. I will have to get back to you on that one.

Damn i surely am glad I joined this forum Im learning a lot about KJ's. :D

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the KJ?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you get them changed let me know. I will probably have to change my rotors and brakes in about 5-8k. And dealer will probably the last place I will go. They messed up my brakes real good last time. I wouldn't mind getting some nice black calipers, nicer (more difficult to warp) rotors. I think mines are warped for the second time in 47k miles.

gramifications

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those rotors don't have anything wrong with them. They're just drilled (and probably slotted as well) which is designed to reduce heat build up and fading. I didn't know that they made drilled/slotted rotors for the Liberty but you can find almost anything on eBay now-a-days. The only possible problem you may encounter with drilled rotors is they can chew up brake pads more quickly than traditional rotors due to the holes acting sort of like a cheese grater, especially when the pads have heated up from hard braking. You shouldn't have any issues with them, but if you don't like the way they look then go ahead and change them.

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the KJ?

Right now im running 35K+. Re: the shocks i couldnt get a better picture of the shocks and cound get any name out of it and Im not sure if it is lifted. It seems pretty the same height to me.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty ok for the style the car is in...Like he said, city car.

Just a thought: it's an '05...why does it have '02-'04 door mouldings?

Arent those supposed to be flat and chromed? Or is it debadged and therefore they've taken of the mouldings which say 'liberty' on the front door....?

Hmm.. Good eye!

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I guess its debadged. I Noticed that too. Only left me with the trail rated badge. Even the front grill is plastic. Previous owner also removed the Roof rail. Previous owner striped any trace that its a "Limited". All in all I like how it is right now. (love your own) :D.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the roof that way as well. But I liked mine when I had the cross rails.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah. that's about right price for a pair..

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They must of swapped out the door moldings.

Im not sure if those were personally drilled. That would take a heck of along time and a good drill press+bit.

Ive seen those cross drilled rotors on ebay so I would say thats where they are from.

Nice Jeep though. Alittle to 'bling bling' for me but its what makes you happy that counts.

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They must of swapped out the door moldings.

Im not sure if those were personally drilled. That would take a heck of along time and a good drill press+bit.

Ive seen those cross drilled rotors on ebay so I would say thats where they are from.

Nice Jeep though. Alittle to 'bling bling' for me but its what makes you happy that counts.

True about spending a lot of time for the drilling. Yeah i think its a little too bling bling. Talking about bling bling have you seen this guys bling?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2419363