Check Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ender00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It came on a couple days ago and i was wondering how you know what needs to be done. Do i need to take it to a dealer or can i check it my self. What are some common problems that it could be. (its not the gas cap) thank you.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you did above, what's the code?

2003KJ

Reaction score
Looks like Bennett needs to fix the code list URL......so it's not a bunch of greek on a page.....

Anyways, if you couldn't pull the code with the key on-off method, and you're in the states, take it to any Autozone...they will read the code (but not erase it) for free. If you are out of the U.S., check with your local auto parts stores....many of them will also read it for free.

If you did/do get the code, and need any help diagnosing what might be wrong, dont hesitate to ask. I'm trying to put together some write-ups in the How To section as people are starting to get more and more CEL's for various issues.

Latest posts

Members online