Ceiling cargo hooks/net

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

captainsam

Reaction score
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/135485-diy-fj-interior-roof-mounted-d-ring-mounts.html#/topics/135485?_k=c6oy72

Anybody ever do something like this for a KJ? I really want a net like that over the cargo area in the back for light stuff like tarps, blankets, etc. My idea is to just put two hooks in the back and then use the passenger grab handles to string up the net.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually sounds like a pretty convenient idea..
Except I would think with how tippy the KJs get around some turns it might get annoying to hear stuff fenangling its way around in the cargo area..
Plus say goodbye to your rearview mirror.. I realize you don't need it, but still.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe for a work truck.... or a van...

But I enjoy seeing out my back window.

captainsam

Reaction score
Good points, I guess in my head I thought if I just used soft things and tightened them up enough to the ceiling it would just sit right against it and not obscure the view much if at all. Just depends on the placement of the hooks and how good your net is I guess

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I did one in the last XJ I had thinking it would be a great idea.
Removed in less than a week.
Just hung too low with even the smallest / lightest items in it