CB Mounted Today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished mounting my cb and antenna today. Here are some pics

Attachments

• Cb Mount.jpg
    Cb Mount.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 74
  • cb mounted1.jpg
    cb mounted1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 71
  • cb mounted2.jpg
    cb mounted2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 71

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems at all. I found all the information i needed through various posts in the how to section.

I removed the plastic pillar cover and ran everything up the pillar and across the headliner. Firewall was not an issue either. There is a plastic plug just below and to the left of the main wiring rubber boot on the drivers side. I opted to drill a small whole, just big enough to fit the power wires, through the middle of the plug and resealed.

Antenna cable is routed down the drivers side interior mouldings and out the rear at the near the base of the tail light.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems at all. I found all the information i needed through various posts in the how to section.

I removed the plastic pillar cover and ran everything up the pillar and across the headliner. Firewall was not an issue either. There is a plastic plug just below and to the left of the main wiring rubber boot on the drivers side. I opted to drill a small whole, just big enough to fit the power wires, through the middle of the plug and resealed.

Antenna cable is routed down the drivers side interior mouldings and out the rear at the near the base of the tail light.

How is each end of the bracket you made fastened to the roof?

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received $300.00 towards a Yaesu Radio with (FT7900R with YSK-7800 Remote Mounting Kit.)
But seeing I have not purchased a radio yet...
I am going to look at Yaesu's newest offering.
The FTM350R.
http://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cm...310507ECDE68CC3C01&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0
http://www.burnabyradio.com/PDFs/Yaesu_FTM-350R.pdf

I'm sure it is total over kill for an amateur radio operator like me..
But I am a Techno Weenie!;)

So what the heck Eh?

Its an awesome radio, don't own one myself, but got to play around with one last week. Wish i could afford one, but wow the price!!!

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just fyi. In some states you could be ticketed for obstructing the drivers view because of where you've mounted it.

Nice clean looking install though. One of the more professional looking jobs I've seen. Great job.

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is each end of the bracket you made fastened to the roof?

It is mounted to the Sun visor retainer clips. I removed the stock star screws and replaced with 1-1/2" #8 Phillips head stainless steel sheet metal screws and washers that can be bought at those national home improvement stores.

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just fyi. In some states you could be ticketed for obstructing the drivers view because of where you've mounted it.

Nice clean looking install though. One of the more professional looking jobs I've seen. Great job.

Thanks. Good point on the ticket.

Hopefully I will never get a ticket (and i never thought about it either before mounting). The CB is mounted above and does not obstruct the rear view mirror or my view through the windshield.

Besides it is almost impossible to see unless your looking in the window when its down and your at a lower position. I have a 5% strip across the front windshield down to the "AS1" mark, and 20% tint on the front door windows the rest are factory deep tint.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is mounted to the Sun visor retainer clips. I removed the stock star screws and replaced with 1-1/2" #8 Phillips head stainless steel sheet metal screws and washers that can be bought at those national home improvement stores.

Ok thats why i asked because my sun visor retainers aren't screwed to the roof at all they just have these pop in things that get expanded by a plug into it, like a plastic rivet.

And the radio isn't the obstruction factor here... If they see the mic cord hanging down below the mirror you could get stopped thinking you had something hanging from the rear view mirror. I know a lot of people that have been stopped for that, i don't think one cord is a big deal but i didnt write the laws.