CB Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what i bought:
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the Mess I made:

Here's where i want it to go:

This is all assuming Stoney and I can cut thru that metal and make a clean dremel in the plastic it will fit perfect in that spot. what do you guys think?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's what i bought:

Here's the Mess I made:

Here's where i want it to go:

This is all assuming Stoney and I can cut thru that metal and make a clean dremel in the plastic it will fit perfect in that spot. what do you guys think?

Well........I like the idea yes ...it will look good in that location, but if you happened to get into an accident you definetly won't have a right hand knee cap anymore. But if you like it, that's all that matters. I'm just looking at it from a safety point of view. :D

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well........I like the idea yes ...it will look good in that location, but if you happened to get into an accident you definetly won't have a right hand knee cap anymore. But if you like it, that's all that matters. I'm just looking at it from a safety point of view. :D

the only part of that that concerns me is if you think doing this would void some form of insurance...hrmmmm

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
OH no....I am just concerned about that fleshy part of your knee cap. If you did get into an accident where do you think your knees are going to hit first....right into those big buttons bolted to your dash....ouch!!!

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH no....I am just concerned about that fleshy part of your knee cap. If you did get into an accident where do you think your knees are going to hit first....right into those big buttons bolted to your dash....ouch!!!

knee cap shmee cap. :-D

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
:p Do you need a licence for the cb these days...my dad years ago had one...well actually nearly everyone had one back in the early 80's(smokey and the bandit lol) and I remember him getting a permit, licence something like that. They even had cards that they gave to other cber's from all over the world.

Last edited:

revolutionwanted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
North Carolina, US. Originally So. Maryland.
There was one mounted in my Lib before I bought it. I took your picture and drew a red line where it was; to the right on the console.

Definitely explore some ideas before you bust that shmee cap, haha. Let us know how it turns out.

Attachments

• IMGP0231.jpg
    IMGP0231.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 67

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's probably be safer.....what about in front of the 4wd lever???

would need to relocate the cig lighter and remove 2 panels behind it, and even still the HVAC gets in the way so i dont think it will fit there, thats where i originally wanted it. wouldnt mind moving the cig lighter (to the useless glove compartment even) but the HVAC is still in the way.

What i would really love would if they made a replacement kit for the glove compartment, i could mount the CB in it and it would have like a 3" deep shelf in it. would hold more than the glove compartment currently does anyway.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
would need to relocate the cig lighter and remove 2 panels behind it, and even still the HVAC gets in the way so i dont think it will fit there, thats where i originally wanted it. wouldnt mind moving the cig lighter (to the useless glove compartment even) but the HVAC is still in the way.

What i would really love would if they made a replacement kit for the glove compartment, i could mount the CB in it and it would have like a 3" deep shelf in it. would hold more than the glove compartment currently does anyway.

I forgot....yours has the extra cigerrete lighter!!! I was thinking of the 05 were it's empty. Scratch that idea I guess....:(

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just be a badass and take out your passenger air bag. That might clear some room...

jk, don't do that.

There might be a way to mod the glovebox so it fits. Where there's a will, there's a way. Cliche but true.

lol my luck i'd forget to unhook the battery and the airbag would blow in my face lol

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's too bad they don't make remote mount CB's like they do Ham Radio's.

I just got done putting a radio in my KJ, took about an hour. Radio body is mounted to custom bracket under the seat, control head is up on the ceiling.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
It's too bad they don't make remote mount CB's like they do Ham Radio's.

I just got done putting a radio in my KJ, took about an hour. Radio body is mounted to custom bracket under the seat, control head is up on the ceiling.

Now that would be a cool idea for the cb.