Cargo Baskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at cargo baskets for the roof. What do folks have? What do you like? It's always great to see pics if you have 'em.

Many thanks,
Dan

RedJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for your input. I'm not looking at the $500 units at the moment - just something modest for hauling normal trash and odds and ends that I'd rather not have inside the Jeep.

Dan

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We love our Rola...$180 from eTrailer, mounts easy, and looks great.

Attachments

• Jeep KJ 03 (2).jpg
    Jeep KJ 03 (2).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 119

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eTrailer's $180 price includes free shipping. If Sears shipping plus sales tax is less than $40 then that's a better deal for sure.

Last edited:

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try Amazon, eBay, eTrailer for Thule...depends on what you want and how much you want to spend. Me, I wanted low profile rails that weren't expected to be removed so used 3/4" black pipe (1" od) painted with Hammerite. Then using the existing 2007 Jeep roof rack holes (have to drill them thru) I bolted the crossrails down with black hardware, then stuck black rubber caps on the ends for a finished look. I hogged out the bottom of each rail a bit with a grinder so they seat better on the Jeep rails. Cost me about $20. BTW, I made them 46" long because I didn't want them sticking out too far over the doors but long enough for a bungee attach point if I need it.

Also check some KJ forum threads on some beefy looking rails made from fence parts that are really sweet.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eTrailer's $180 price includes free shipping. If Sears shipping plus sales tax is less than $40 then that's a better deal for sure.

Woohoo! Not bad, shipping is $11 and tax is almost $19 for a total of $169.19 and ORDERED! (that's shipped to their depot 2 minutes from my house, supposed to arrive April 4, enough time for me to work on the rail project)

Last edited:

archep

Reaction score
Once a while they offer baskets in discount shops! I also often check online auctions and homepages to be sure that I get the best deal. Unfortunately they are not cheap and if you want a good one you have to pay for it.. but it's always good to compare prices. eg etrailer seems to be trustworth and has good deals.

MikeHype

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I will now spend the day looking at all the goodies for my Lib that I can't afford....

Try Amazon, eBay, eTrailer for Thule...depends on what you want and how much you want to spend. Me, I wanted low profile rails that weren't expected to be removed so used 3/4" black pipe (1" od) painted with Hammerite. Then using the existing 2007 Jeep roof rack holes (have to drill them thru) I bolted the crossrails down with black hardware, then stuck black rubber caps on the ends for a finished look. I hogged out the bottom of each rail a bit with a grinder so they seat better on the Jeep rails. Cost me about $20. BTW, I made them 46" long because I didn't want them sticking out too far over the doors but long enough for a bungee attach point if I need it.

Also check some KJ forum threads on some beefy looking rails made from fence parts that are really sweet.

Paul, do you have a post on here somewhere giving more detail on how you put your crossbars together? I've been toying with the idea of doing it but haven't decided on a good\clean method.

Thanks!