Cannot get howl from RF to go away.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've changed at least a dozen or more on KJs and never once needed a puller
maybe he's never done one before and over thinking the whole process
Very easy to swap
Do you have a new CV to install as well if the old ones splines are bad??

That's probably the case, almost no one knows what this part is :icon_lol: I don't have a CV yet but if I need one I have them right down the road getting a new one is no issue. I've been trying to convince him up and down that it's not as big of a deal as he thinks it is. I'm probably going to do the axle bearing in the process also.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That's probably the case, almost no one knows what this part is :icon_lol: I don't have a CV yet but if I need one I have them right down the road getting a new one is no issue. I've been trying to convince him up and down that it's not as big of a deal as he thinks it is. I'm probably going to do the axle bearing in the process also.

If I was still living up that way would only be 130 miles away and we'd have you knocked out and going in no time at all
BUT
260 miles to my place now :happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Just don't go to Flatozone etc for one

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That kinda sounds like the deaf leading the blind. :icon_lol:

Bob

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update; Most parts are in, bought a new RF CV for the sake of the old ones splines. Got the intermediate and the axle seal.... The shaft bearing is what I still need though.

Can anyone elaborate or give me a part number to the outer axle shaft bearing, the one just behind the outer axle seal on the RF? I haven't torn it apart yet to compare to whats already in the axle so I hate to buy something that I won't use.

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update; Replaced the inner axle, RF CV, outer axle seal and the outer axle shaft bearing.... Noise still remains. Thoughts? :thumbsdown:

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get this resolved? I noticed I have a noise at around 75mph coming from the front. I believe mine may be the wheel hubs. I am not sure if the previous owner ever had them replaced at any point. I am interested to see if you were able to get it resolved and quieted down.

Thanks
Andrew