Can a Cigar Lighter outlet be used...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackr

Reaction score
as a 12 volt power outlet to charge phones etc...

Thanks
Jack

jackr

Reaction score
Thanks - But thats not what I need to know..

Basically can the cigar lighter be used just like the 12volt outlet for plugging in a cell phone charger?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Yes,though it has no power when key is off,02 has front and rear power outlets besides lighter.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
My cig lighter has no power key off,power outlets do-mine is 02

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically can the cigar lighter be used just like the 12volt outlet for plugging in a cell phone charger?

I understand what you mean now. I had to read it a couple of times though as it has been a long day. Yes you can use the cigar lighter socket the same as the power outlet socket. The only reason you shouldn't use the cigar lighter as often to plug appliances in is because some plug in chargers bend the little tabs that hold the cigar lighter in (the bit that pops out) and when they get bent it either pops out too quick or won't be held in. Not good in either the Jeep or the bedroom! :smokin:

P.S. My 02 also has power to all 3 sockets when ignition is off or keys are out. Hope this answers your question. Steve :smokin:

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 has power when the vehicle is off. I have a nasty habbit of forgetting to unplug my XM radio. I actually left in plugged in all weekend but it started right up today.