2004 Liberty power outlet/cigarette lighter died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DominaAtia

Reaction score
Changed out every mini fuse in both boxes (previous owner was a moron), still no go. Tried various items, so def the outlet is screwed.

Idk jack about electrical beyond that (I'm a metal fabrication gal...I don't do zappy things. Just sharp and shinies lol)

I'm seeing alot about test the connection/ground, replacing the whole outlet (neither works). I'm officially stumped and don't have the cash to get talked down to by a mechanic. I'm handy af, so if anyone can talk a gal thru the hows, I can get it handled.
Thanks y'all.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a cheap multimeter, then you can see what's going on, without knowing where you are losing the supply you are looking for a needle in a haystack.
Once you have a meter set it on DC volts and check the centre pin to a good earth - a clean bit of metal like the seat mount bolts that go through the floor.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Can get a replacement for cheap on amazon. Is simple to replace. Is a literal pip and swap. Zero sparky knowledge needed.
I converted the front lighter port to a dedicated dual USB for less the 20$ in ten minutes.

Members online

No members online now.