Bump stops with minimal lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I barely have any lift on my 02 KJ. Just the strut spacers in front with new springs in front and new shocks all around. What bump stop setup would everyone recommend? How many hockey pucks in the back, and stock or terra flex bump stops for the front?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I barely have any lift on my 02 KJ. Just the strut spacers in front with new springs in front and new shocks all around. What bump stop setup would everyone recommend? How many hockey pucks in the back, and stock or terra flex bump stops for the front?

So need a little more info here as to what you have exactly and also how high you sit
So do you have like a Daystar or similar lift?
Measure from the middle of the wheel/hub to bottom of the flare in front and let us know

robert.janowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a spacer lift. For every inch of lift add an inch of bump stop. This will keep your shock from bottoming out and damaging them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bluefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me awhile but thank you guys for the replies.

The strut spacers I am using are the 3/8" plates which mount above the upper strut bearing/spring plate to the unibody. They are external to the spring and shock, and bolted in on top of the Moog quick struts I put in when I got the Jeep.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Took me awhile but thank you guys for the replies.

The strut spacers I am using are the 3/8" plates which mount above the upper strut bearing/spring plate to the unibody. They are external to the spring and shock, and bolted in on top of the Moog quick struts I put in when I got the Jeep.

So you only have 3/4 of an inch of lift
Plus with the Moog quickies , well not really enough to worry about
What did you do to the rear?

Bluefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you only have 3/4 of an inch of lift
Plus with the Moog quickies , well not really enough to worry about
What did you do to the rear?

In the back I left the high mile springs but installed kyb shocks. It's a little saggy :/

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the back I left the high mile springs but installed kyb shocks. It's a little saggy :/

Often people will think shocks have something to do with ride height, but alas, unless it's Monroe "Load Leveler"(which aren't available for Libbys, other than using Dodge Dakota applications aftera lift) , they simply dampen up and down movement at whatever height springs hold it at.

Bob

Bluefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Often people will think shocks have something to do with ride height, but alas, unless it's Monroe "Load Leveler"(which aren't available for Libbys, other than using Dodge Dakota applications aftera lift) , they simply dampen up and down movement at whatever height springs hold it at.

Bob

Yea, replacing the rear springs when I did the front would have been the way to go. The main time it's been an issue is on rocky trails in the sierra's with the jeep fully loaded with dog, gear and two kayaks.. Then it takes a lot of finess not to bottom over the big rock gardens. Short of doing the ironman kit, I would really like to replace the rear springs now :)

Members online

No members online now.