Budget Billet Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya'll might have already figured this out, but I saw someone on cardomain that had done this and tried it myself. Not a bad deal for 10 bucks! All it is is chrome door edge gaurds from wal-mart.
Yeah, I just found another topic that said somthing about this....oh well

You must be registered for see images

liberator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice

I like it too..

did u glue it or just slide it on? =D> =D>

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does look good. If I hadnt already bought the Westin Brush Guard, I would seriously consider doing that.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the way that looks on your KJ.

Mine is a limited with the chrome grill so there wouldn't be as much contrast.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That actually looks much better than what they sell on ebay, they look crooked. This looks really good. I wouldn't mind getting that, what was it exactly and how did you mount them?

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, thanks for the compliments. ok, here's what I did....i went to wal-mart and bought 4 packs of chrome door edge guards, then cut em into 21 8" pieces ( I had a few left over), then just press em on. They stick on themselves without glue or anything cause they've got the adhesive already on there. \:D/

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
got any part No or brand?
I wonder if they will know what I am talking about..

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
06liberty.....that sounds real easy. I might try it and see how it looks with my chrome grill......thanks for the info.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I don't have a part number, but they'd have the same stuff at any auto parts store. They're like $3 a pack and each pack came with 2 pieces. (each piece is about 24" in length) Or, you can get it in a roll too....either way, it takes 21 pieces cut 8" in length.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think with those non-stick ones, it is hard to screw up.
I went and got two set of these, and stuck them on. The problem was I cut them a bit longer, but they still held up well. Since they come in a round shape it is difficult to cut them all at the same length. You did very good with the even-length and leaving space to the top and bottom.

xxdazxx

Reaction score
06Liberty said:
well, thanks for the compliments. ok, here's what I did....i went to wal-mart and bought 4 packs of chrome door edge guards, then cut em into 21 8" pieces ( I had a few left over), then just press em on. They stick on themselves without glue or anything cause they've got the adhesive already on there. \:D/

i did this today to my liberty i cut 1 at 8" and did a test fit....i didnt like the way 8" looked....it looked way to short so i cut all mine at @ 9"1/2

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went long. Pic coming in an hour.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they secure? I'm seriously considering taking off the brush guard for awhile and going for that look.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not to good in math, but its been over an hour

LOL...anyway, yeah they're secure on mine so far. I mean, if you mess with em too much they'll probably move a little but I've just tried to be carefull.

xxdazxx

Reaction score
mine are stuck on, just make sure u get the ones with the glue in them

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster, it is because of you i didn't post, [-X you got me into tires and wheels..

Before:

you can see our tower of power trip pictures, it has them on..

After:

Happy? :-s

O:)

mine are not the ones with glue but has the sticky mucus-like stuff inside, they do not stick permenently, it is like those mailers you get or where they stick your credit cards to, that clear stuff..

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that looks good too! I just did mine the same way I saw it on cardomain, I didn't think about doing them longer. I think it looks good either way though.

Latest posts

Members online