Buddy on facebook says...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
There is a conversation L.O.S.T.'s Facebook page based on somebody mounting 33 inch tall tires on their KJ.

You must be registered for see images

I said: Looks really cool...
But unless you have the Jeepin by Al steel replacement IFS Dana 30 front differential you will end up granading, cracking, and throughly destroying the original equipment aluminum Dana 30A differential.
33's look cool and all, but all you are gaining compared to a 32" tall tire is one half inch of extra ground clearance!
So you have to ask yourself if an empty $1500.00 diff case, plus the cost building up the diff and adding real heavy duty CV axles, regearing to at least 4:56 gears is worth the added expense for 1/2 an inch of ground clearance.

I had to seriously laugh my ass off when I read this on Facebook.

(Name withheld out of respect for this tool.) These are his words not mine!
"I cut all kinds of metal out of my front fender wells, it is not all structural at all..... mine is SAS'd and sitting reallly really low almost to low for 35's now. You gain a lot more than 1/2" of clearance by getting into a 33x12.50 over a metric 32 including tread depth and better compounds, the real issue I found while running 33's and still with IFS is that the tire hits the end of the rocker in the rear fender well really hard. I fixed it with a plasma cutter, I also re shaped the front wheel well openings a bit with the plasma and BFH as well.

Some people.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im no expert but that seems like A LOT of extra work for no real reason at all. I mean they look pretty bad ass but is it really worth the risk? Were talking thousands of green backs just to make it work and not destroy the drive train right?

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess if it makes him happy. hope he doesn't hit any potholes on the way to the mall...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
this line has me LMAO

"I cut all kinds of metal out of my front fender wells, it is not all structural at all..... "

Its all structural !!!!!!
People like that should not own a vehicle, even a go cart

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy man easy. If she wants to grenade her axles then let her. I'm pretty sure a ton of you hold 3 or 4 of them just in case that ever happens...

It's not your money, it's not your Jeep.

Ry I like you and all, and love your Jeep, but parading around calling people an idiot behind their back in no way makes you looks smarter or better. Just kinda like an ass.

Plus she was only mounting those for fun. They're not hers. She's not seriously trying them out. I'm pretty sure she wants to go SFA before that.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this line has me LMAO

"I cut all kinds of metal out of my front fender wells, it is not all structural at all..... "

Its all structural !!!!!!
People like that should not own a vehicle, even a go cart

...or a plasma cutter

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy man easy. If she wants to grenade her axles then let her. I'm pretty sure a ton of you hold 3 or 4 of them just in case that ever happens...

Ry I like you and all, and love your Jeep, but parading around calling people an idiot behind their back in no way makes you looks smarter or better. Just kinda like an ass.

Plus she was only mounting those for fun. They're not hers. She's not seriously trying them out. I'm pretty sure she wants to go SFA before that.

no she is idiot i have seen that jeep in person and it is a pile

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It sure is.

Even the doors are,the windshield(major roof structural support) is a huge one,and that pinch weld that everyone has flattened are 2 of the most important structural parts of the KJ,the other 2 are located at the leading edge of the rear wheel wells.

Yes once you see one in the factory being welded together you better understand how important it all is .

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is very entertaining. Better then tv

O yeah, it's getting really good. Almost as good as when you're at the grocery store and there's a couple having a "nothing fight" over whether or not they need to buy jelly. :happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh so that was you having the disagreement over the jelly....:shrug:

OK this has ran its course and going way off subject whatever it was in the beginning
time to get on with life and not worry about this subject any longer

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

Where did I call anybody an idiot in my post?

Oh, I'm also friends with the owner of that KJ in the photo.