Brake pads and rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were the all four replaced at the same time, the last time you did it? It is odd that your fronts did not wear and rears did. I fell in dealer trap once before and had them do it, but the 2nd time around I just paid $500 or so for all four, new pads, new rotors and labor. Remember dealer will not replace the rotors, they will just resurface them, basically grind them thin.

Do it yourself? I wouldn't recommend it no matter how much you save. This is brakes, line between life and death when that truck stops short in front of you. Get it done properly with warranty.

Where did you go to get your pads and rotors changed?

I'm thinking I should now head back to the garage where I used to get my previous car maintained. The place is called "Prince Auto & Truck Svc"

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Every time I see brake issue/problems come up I have to laugh and wonder how you all drive??? 90 mph up to the light and slam on the brakes or what?
132,000 on the rears and still good, fronts replaced at 95,000 and then gave the used ones to a friend of mine for his daughters, shes put over 10,000 on them now!

You have to learn how to stick your feet out to slow your butt down!:D:D:D:D

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rears wearing faster than the fronts seems to be normal for ESP equipped Jeeps.

On my '06, the pads in the rear needed to be replaced at 21k. I have yet to check them on my WK though but considering I have almost 31k on it, I just might need to replace them by now. I really need to do a thorough check on my brakes!

your totally right. I replaced my Rears at 21K and my front brakes are still going strong.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $146 for two rotors and pads at my mechanic's, but they also didn't charge me for labor. With labor it would have been about $65 more...I can't imagine getting all four replaced would be over $500. Just my thoughts.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $146 for two rotors and pads at my mechanic's, but they also didn't charge me for labor. With labor it would have been about $65 more...I can't imagine getting all four replaced would be over $500. Just my thoughts.

If you pay for oem or higher quality it can be. I paid $340 for oem rear discs and pads.