Brake lines and lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so this week i've finally gotten together all the parts needed to lift my jeep. now however i've been looking for information on the brake line relocation stuff. i found the thread on how to make the bracket and everything but what i can't seem to find out is what years/build dates need the extension, or what the entire brake line assembly looks like on the ones that need to get the bracket. from what i can remember my rear brakes come down one side and then run across the rear axle to the other side. any info on this would be helpful as i'm pretty sure its going to get installed next weekend. also where can i find the build date of my jeep.

Thanks

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All years need extending,just '06 and '07 KJ's require 2 extensions for the rear brake lines as there are 2 instead of one for the older years.One is kinda hidden.

You must be registered for see images attach

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it ******* those brake lines to just bend them down like that? is there a risk of pinching them? i would love to put stainless longer lines on but, they seem kinda pricey on JBA's site. plus i'd like to have a little cash left over incase when the lift gets put on i find out something else needs replacing like upper ball joints or something.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just be gentle. Pop out the clips and make big bends slowly so you don't pinch.

Front one is the more difficult but easy just the same if your patient.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can find the build date on the inside of the driver door, or in front on the bottom in the middle somewhere.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it ******* those brake lines to just bend them down like that? is there a risk of pinching them? i would love to put stainless longer lines on but, they seem kinda pricey on JBA's site. plus i'd like to have a little cash left over incase when the lift gets put on i find out something else needs replacing like upper ball joints or something.
Braided lines also offer a better brake pedal feel as they don't expand like the OE rubber flex lines.It's not the braided lines themselfs that are the expensive part it's the junction blocks that cost a arm and a leg.

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one last question, do the front lines need extended or are they good? i really wish i had the money to buy some nice stainless brake lines, its just not gonna happen so extending will get done, i'll just be careful.