Kj rear brake line extension needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr.zoidberg

Reaction score
I'm sure this will be an easy answer for someone out there. I lifted my 06 kj with the ome medium kit. I believe total lift in rear was a hair over 2.5 inches. Do I need to extend/make drop bracket for the rear brake line or is that not enough lift to need the extra length? I've seen some say you don't need the extra length if your under 3 inches of lift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
with medioum lift more like 1.75 inches if using 947 rear springs
Now a 3 inch extension would be ok if you are going extreme off roading
If not ,should be good

Dr.zoidberg

Reaction score
I measured center of wheel to bottom of arch. 21-3/8 in the front and 21-5/8 in the rear. I ordered the medium ome lift from jba I think it was the 926/947 with rancho rs adjustable shocks and jba control arms. I'm running 30x9.5x15 falken wildpeak tires. But anyway. Was heading to Indiana to see family this weekend and saw an opportunity to maybe go to the badlands. Just didn't know about the rear brake lines. And being about 9 hours from home and my first time wheeling my kj I didn't want problems.

Dr.zoidberg

Reaction score
Any wheeling would be light....maybe one medium trail once I get comfortable....but as stated I'll be a very long way from home and don't want any issues.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done it with mine as I'm not lifted yet, but I believe I remember reading that the 06-07's will need two brackets made, as either abs/brake distribution blocks are different than the previous years, correct?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't done it with mine as I'm not lifted yet, but I believe I remember reading that the 06-07's will need two brackets made, as either abs/brake distribution blocks are different than the previous years, correct?
one

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe what some did on lost jeeps was unnecessary? If it is only one, I'd change the link on the site here to reflect only 1 bracket needed, to help those who search for it later on.

I won't sweat it either way, when the lift comes in time I'll check it out from under the jeep and kind of simulate the rear articulation and see if one or two are needed.

Dstangline

Reaction score
I'm sure this will be an easy answer for someone out there. I lifted my 06 kj with the ome medium kit. I believe total lift in rear was a hair over 2.5 inches. Do I need to extend/make drop bracket for the rear brake line or is that not enough lift to need the extra length? I've seen some say you don't need the extra length if your under 3 inches of lift.
I installed the same lift on my 06, with axle at full drop with shocks installed My rear break lines are fine.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe what some did on lost jeeps was unnecessary? If it is only one, I'd change the link on the site here to reflect only 1 bracket needed, to help those who search for it later on.

I won't sweat it either way, when the lift comes in time I'll check it out from under the jeep and kind of simulate the rear articulation and see if one or two are needed.
Been on LOST for years
Used to be a Moderator there as well until being a mod on 4 was way too many
BUT on 07s you have two, there was some strange things going on after 05 , the reason I only run 02-05s LOL