brake line relocation brackets with Frank II lift kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TJ2

Reaction score
My vehicle is an '05 CRD. I'm looking at a Frankenlift IIP. The site is vague about whether the relocation bracket is necessary for my vehicle. Heather sent me an equally vague email when I asked about it.

quote>The brakeline relocation bracket is required for 2006+ KJ's....and most 05 KJ's also need this bracket, but not there have been cases where an 05 didn't need the bracket, but that's rare.<

I interpret this as she doesn't have a clue. . . but suggests I send the additional $30 because it will make just a little more profit.

TIA

TJ2

Reaction score
you can make the bracket for about 2 bucks

Yep, there's a real nice write up about it. I just don't want to fab unnecessary parts or mess around with down time making them in the middle of the install.

My question is: are they necessary for the Frank II 2 -2.5 inch lift on an '05 CRD?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, there's a real nice write up about it. I just don't want to fab unnecessary parts or mess around with down time making them in the middle of the install.

My question is: are they necessary for the Frank II 2 -2.5 inch lift on an '05 CRD?
The fronts you will be fine but the rear you need to extend unless you like a failed brake hose after some time.